Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken screen on Sprint S4 running CM11

Tip us?

guyrelax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Broken screen on Sprint S4 running CM11

Just got a new Sprint S4. Installed Cyanogenmod 11, had everything running great. Then the phone fell out of my pocket while I was sitting in my car and the lcd under the glass cracked. The phone fell onto carpet from a whopping 12 inches. Screen is black, cannot use. Now I would normally go to sprint but since the phone has been modded is there anything I can do? If I can get it back to stock I'd be ok, but I can't seem to find a way to view my phone on pc without needing to see the screen at some point during the app/program install. The phone works fine other than there being no screen.

KC6UFO
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Black Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyrelax View Post
Just got a new Sprint S4. Installed Cyanogenmod 11, had everything running great. Then the phone fell out of my pocket while I was sitting in my car and the lcd under the glass cracked. The phone fell onto carpet from a whopping 12 inches. Screen is black, cannot use. Now I would normally go to sprint but since the phone has been modded is there anything I can do? If I can get it back to stock I'd be ok, but I can't seem to find a way to view my phone on pc without needing to see the screen at some point during the app/program install. The phone works fine other than there being no screen.
One question. If the screen is black how do you know that the phone is working fine? If you just got it I would suggest if its working putting in into down load mode. Down load the tar file for 4.22 and flash it using Odin back to the stock factory. It unlikely that the fall damage the the S4. Did the battery fall out? If not pull it out. Wait 15 seconds. Put it back it and turn the phone on using the power button and see what happens.

You will likely just need to replace the broken screen which is very do-a-ble