5,596,066 Members 33,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

urgent help required : crushed incredible

Tip us?
 
micho119
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default urgent help required : crushed incredible

hi everyone,
i am having a really bad day.

I had incredible s stock 4.0.4 installed, unlocked, s-on, hboot 2.002

I've tried to download the latest 4.4.2 rom i found in the forum, the device showed the update is completed, then the device restarted and froze on HTC screen.

I've tried to install other roms and it didn't work as well, moreover, the device can not be detected by pc without a reason.

I've cleared all caches by the way.. any one can help !
 
azoz123456
Old
(Last edited by azoz123456; 23rd February 2014 at 07:29 PM.)
#2  
azoz123456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 314
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jeddah
install this Hboot

[/COLOR]http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1270589



OR

flash boot manual
HTC ONE

ROM: Stock
----------------------------------------------
HTC Incredible S

S-Off
4ext recovery_RC9
ROM: My ROM (sense 4.1) (android 4.0.4)
 
micho119
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2011
what if my USB slot is broken into my pc, can i do this using an SD card?
 
072665995
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 584
Posts: 1,536
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by micho119 View Post
what if my USB slot is broken into my pc, can i do this using an SD card?
No.
Google Nexus 5
Cataclysm with Franco Kernel

HTC Incredible S (retired)
 
ROM: Blackout/CyanVivoX 4.1/VivoKat 4.4

Guide on How to Achieve S-OFF
 
RmatriX1218
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 328
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: vadodara
Quote:
Originally Posted by 072665995 View Post
No.
Since you are telling device is not detected in PC,
I can safely assume that you are not flashing boot.img through fastboot from PC.
If you are S-ON, you need to flash boot.img file of ROM you want to install through fastboot command...
fastboot flash boot boot.img
google it for more info.

And connect your phone, go to fastboot mode and check with command
fastboot devices
your device should be listed in fastboot mode
and if still not detecting by PC, then must be driver issue and it should have nothing to do with phone.
 
072665995
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 584
Posts: 1,536
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RmatriX1218 View Post
Since you are telling device is not detected in PC,
I can safely assume that you are not flashing boot.img through fastboot from PC.
If you are S-ON, you need to flash boot.img file of ROM you want to install through fastboot command...
fastboot flash boot boot.img
google it for more info.

And connect your phone, go to fastboot mode and check with command
fastboot devices
your device should be listed in fastboot mode
and if still not detecting by PC, then must be driver issue and it should have nothing to do with phone.
I just reread his post. Then reread yours. And I realized that the other guy's post doesn't really make much sense. I don't know if he is saying if his computer's USB port is broken. If so then use another one. Then I could also read it as His phone's USB port is broken, and in that case, he really is out of luck.
Google Nexus 5
Cataclysm with Franco Kernel

HTC Incredible S (retired)
 
ROM: Blackout/CyanVivoX 4.1/VivoKat 4.4

Guide on How to Achieve S-OFF
 
RmatriX1218
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 328
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: vadodara
Quote:
Originally Posted by 072665995 View Post
I just reread his post. Then reread yours. And I realized that the other guy's post doesn't really make much sense. I don't know if he is saying if his computer's USB port is broken. If so then use another one. Then I could also read it as His phone's USB port is broken, and in that case, he really is out of luck.
Hey, lt's lot of guess work here and we need to hear from actual victim...
but let me put my basis..
from 1st post, I can assume that he doesn't know of fact that he need to flash boot image through fastboot.
Hence, I believe that he may even doesn't know what if fastboot.
And without any ROM installed, device can only be detected in fastboot.
So, I strongly believe, he need to try to detect device in fastboot mode and very less chances USB is broken.

Now lets wait to hear from OP guy.
 
azoz123456
Old
#8  
azoz123456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 314
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jeddah
in htc sunsation 4ext recovery there is a way to flash boot.img

try it :

1- go to 4ext recovery

2- select Tools

3- the last one is ( enable smart flash)>> click it once then flash ROM

I don't know if our 4ext recovery support this feature or not
HTC ONE

ROM: Stock
----------------------------------------------
HTC Incredible S

S-Off
4ext recovery_RC9
ROM: My ROM (sense 4.1) (android 4.0.4)
 
naathaanb96
Old
#9  
naathaanb96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 541
Posts: 1,953
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne
yep. because this is development and all that.
My Devices:

Samsung Galaxy S III i9300 32gb
Latest Bootloader | Rooted
Rom: Resurrection Remix® 5.0.0 | Android 4.4.2 | Boeffla Kernel l | Philz Touch Recovery

HTC Incredible S
Retired


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more

Add Swipe Utilities to Your App with SimpleFingerGestures Library

Gestures have become an increasingly important element in smartphone UI … more