XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Unbrick a Hard Brcicked T-Mobile Note 3 SM-N900T

Tip us?

zinnium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Samsung KIES sucks ass

OR easy way, go to samsungs site anddownload KIES. use the emergancy software tool or upgrade tool and that will get you back to stock, just my two cent lol[/QUOTE]

You do have to remember that KIES sucks ass. I got stock phones it can't even recognize. Odin is still the best way of recovering any phone made by Samsung vs actually relying on Samsung own product.

Installing KIES is only a good thing when you need the drivers. Does that really well.

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by dEATHfLOWEr View Post
I'm sorry if this is a noob question. But I've read this thread and my hands started itching. I'm on MJ7 (SM-N9005) which is not rootable without tripping knox 0x0. Could the OP method possible be used to downgrade the bootloader the an earlier stock bootloader/rom which will not trip knox when rooting?
No. once Knox is tripped, it's tripped.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnium View Post
Who ever is trying to do this, just follow the guide and it will work. Unless you tried a BS JTAG method and fried the board.
LOL. Looks like someone saw my peeved off posts about the Note 3 JTAG service that was performed for me before I edited the posts :-x

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!

RIZWANN
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1k3Carson1369 View Post
A-effin'-MAZING!! I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH!
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WORKED!
I couldn't resist recording my first attempt. BOY I WAS SURPRISED!!

*For The Record; Shabby is correct, you don't have to be plugged into any external power source, for this to work...

**ALSO!; The Stock ROM may not always be needed, depending on the individual and their case's circumstances...
I've had ppl tell me that no matter what, they try turning on their phone(SGN2/SGN3/SGS4) and it automatically goes into download mode(without showing the warning screen)... So since it wouldn't boot system OR Recovery, I'd try Button-Combo into ODIN-mode, and press Volume-down at the warning screen, and system would boot!
I Had a hunch that might work in this case, and it DID! lol.

Now I'm just trying to put the unbrick.img onto the sdcard I wrote it to... I can't seem to get MTP up, through USB, though ADB works fine...

**EDIT: I forgot, that before I Bricked it, I had the USB settings to DM+MODEM+ADB, cause I WAS unlocking it...
(until a slip of a click and I wrote a backup of the NVdata to the EFS... =/ )
But, after I put the sdcard into my laptop, realized there's not nearly enough room to copy the .img to it...

***SO.... How am I supposed to be able to "dd if=/sdcard/unbrick.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1024 count=168960"?
I can't put the .img on the sd? Do I put it on the internal? or do I put it on another sdcard and put it in??

**** ACTUALLY, NVM.... THAT'S what I'm gonna do! XD ha
root@hltetmo:/ # dd if=/storage/extSdCard/unbrick.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1024
count=168960
ck.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1024 count=168960 <
168960+0 records in
168960+0 records out
173015040 bytes transferred in 9.488 secs (18235143 bytes/sec)
root@hltetmo:/ #
=AWESOME!
i was trying to unbrick sm-n900w8, using debrick.img file

dd if=/Users/Shah/Desktop/debrick.img of=/dev/disk1s1 bs=1024 count=168960
131072+0 records in
131072+0 records out
134217728 bytes transferred in 120.770862 secs (1111342 bytes/sec)
shahs-MacBook-Pro:~ shah$

after writing on sd card, put the card in phone then battery, trying to turn it on but still no luck

hemry_mk4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy quite lost

hey i guys quite confused with something ; what am i supposed to do with the memory card , i mean once im stock or twrp .. what i do ?