Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A little help figuring out what I did.*sorta fixed*

Tip us?

sully42
Old
(Last edited by sully42; 25th February 2014 at 02:20 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default A little help figuring out what I did.*sorta fixed*

Ok, so I am not to sure exactley what I did. I accidental hit unroot in CWM. I have a recent titanium backup, but i suppose that will do me no good. I lost superuser permission to operate Titanium anyway. Also CMW as the app is useless to me now. I can boot into it using the volume down, home power option, but i can not get to anything there to restore it.

Do i need to re-root, or what direction should I be going in? All I am looking for is someone to point me in the proper direction, I feel horrible asking this here, as I normally know what I am doing.

Thanks for your help.

sully42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I am back to stock. Not rooted or anything, so there is one problem solved. I would like to OTA update, but it is saying i am up to date, and i am pretty sure 4.1.2 is not up to date. Oh well, im half way there.... i think...

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1182
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully42 View Post
I am back to stock. Not rooted or anything, so there is one problem solved. I would like to OTA update, but it is saying i am up to date, and i am pretty sure 4.1.2 is not up to date. Oh well, im half way there.... i think...
You have options, OTA to 4.3 (just advance time/date 24 hours or whatever time it says to check again) You will have a locked bootloader and Knox bitching at you if you install root.

Or you can flash this through ODIN or CWM, You get root and 4.3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589891
Thanks Meter 1169

sully42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
You have options, OTA to 4.3 (just advance time/date 24 hours or whatever time it says to check again) You will have a locked bootloader and Knox bitching at you if you install root.

Or you can flash this through ODIN or CWM, You get root and 4.3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589891
Thanks! I got it to OTA to 4.3,I did not think about changing the clock, I ended up booting to CWM and factory resetting, then rebooted and it poped up with in 30 seconds that there was a software update.
I think I will flash that threw oden later. I was mostly freaking out because my phone was stuck between rooted, and not rooted. All sorts of apps where tweeking out on me. 4.3 is nice, but way to much junk installed by ATT.

cell carriers are the worst kind of people.

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1182
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully42 View Post
Thanks! I got it to OTA to 4.3,I did not think about changing the clock, I ended up booting to CWM and factory resetting, then rebooted and it poped up with in 30 seconds that there was a software update.
I think I will flash that threw oden later. I was mostly freaking out because my phone was stuck between rooted, and not rooted. All sorts of apps where tweeking out on me. 4.3 is nice, but way to much junk installed by ATT.

cell carriers are the worst kind of people.
No worries. This just came out yesterday.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2659569

A little of the crap removed. I'm running it, pretty smooth.
Thanks Meter 1169