5,598,171 Members 43,060 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Loopr - Task Switcher

Tip us?

Sailrace
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I posted this in my review on the play store (5 stars by the way). I'm actually using this as a home screen launcher. I've completely cleared off my primary home screen, and now have the arc set up to launch all my most commonly used apps. What i'm wondering is if it is possible to do a couple of things. I know this isn't what the app was necessarily intended for, but the functionality and use is awesome. The pictures attached show what my S4 looks like right now. What I'd love to see are the following:

1) The ability to pin the apps to specific locations on the arc. It makes the finger memory of where things are much easier and faster if they don't move based on which app was uses most recently, but rather they can be pinned to their location.

2) There is background gradient that pops up with the arc. Is this necessary. Would love it if it was totally transparent.

3) When I first bring up the arc after being in an app and returning to the home screen, ever so briefly there is a flash of the "Pin" icon that comes up. It's hard to catch it, but its definitely there. This is a really minor annoyance, but if it went away, it would be fantastic.

Thanks for the great work. I've already paid for the full version to help support it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-17-13-29-51.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	2522365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-17-13-30-11.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	2522366  

i8890321
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I got a lot of recent app and I need you move my thumb up and down to change the page in order to find my app
here's my suggestion
when the user move the thumb on the icon next
the arc will scroll(rotate) so that the user can wait her app to come up without moving her thumb up and down to change page

ScoolAir
Old
Thanks Meter 46
i have n4 and its not work for me i dont found the trigger

klenamenis
Old
(Last edited by klenamenis; 3rd March 2014 at 12:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToJAVA View Post
For my Asus tablet, this has a bug. It does not seem to switch between the state where you left each app.

I use my tablet for reading an Adobe pdf and then switching over to some app such as GMail and taking notes to send. When I switch back to Adobe reader using Loopr, it sends me back to the Adobe menu and not where I was in the middle of reading my pdf file. So it relaunches the Adobe app again. When I select my document, read some more and switch back to GMail, it sends me back to the GMail main menu again and not in the middle of my letter/notes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranveer5289 View Post
1. On my Nexus5 for some applications loopr doesn't remember the apps last state. For eg: on imdb if I am seeing the rating of some movie and I minimize it and if I try to bring it back using loopr it will re-launch the app and open the home screen i.e the initial state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdw654 View Post
I've paid for the app, but the only thing keeping me from using the app is the fact that it restarts every app when I switch from loopr. This is not the case on Switchr. I read a lot with moon+ and tapatalk, so I dislike having to go to starting point every time I switch an app. Pls fix this asap....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannequin View Post
strange browser bug (i use Boat) with the latest version. when switching back to browser and there was a tab closed prior to that or page navigated from it recreates it as a new tab.
As these guys already mentioned, switching apps via Loopr resets the app state. In my case it reloads webpages inside Firefox / Chrome, leaves open threads on Tapatalk, etc. I would highly appreciate a fix for that, as this does not happen when using the default recent apps switcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaster1 View Post
This issue should be fixed in the latest version (1.0.201).
I'm currently running Loopr 1.0.202 on latest OmniROM with ART enabled.

Furthermore I find it a little bit confusing that, when Loopr is running, the red square is displayed inside your app. I sugguest either switching the red dot and green triangle or changing the labels / descriptions when toggling the service's state. After this first happend, I thought Loopr was broke for some reason and uninstalled it just to give it a new try after a few updates.

Let me know if you need a tester and keep up your great work!

Edit: I'm willing to purchase the full version and even donate some more, but please fix the mentioned issues.