Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Q] Help Unbricking

OP iceygod

4th February 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I've read the basic guide for the Kindle and I've recently obtained a factory cable for my Kindle Fire I (not II). The factory seems to be working and it gets the kindle in to fast boot. I have installed the drivers and I have ADB running but no device is detected. I'm honestly completely lost and would appreciate any help. Thanks!
4th February 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag Taunton
Thanks Meter: 33

192 posts
More
If your factory cable is working then the KFU will work even if the device isn't detected. It did for me, and adb didn't find the device. Try typing "fastboot devices" instead of adb devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
4th February 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
waiting for device
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoRNLeaDejZ

If your factory cable is working then the KFU will work even if the device isn't detected. It did for me, and adb didn't find the device. Try typing "fastboot devices" instead of adb devices.

For me it does not. I'll pub it in and the Kindle Fire logo pops up for fastboot. Then I launch KFU and my computer detects a device too.
However when I try to do anything it will give me "<waiting for device". What exactly do you mean by type in fastboot devices.
5th February 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Taunton

192 posts
More
Look up a tutorial for setting up adb and fastboot on your computer and you'll see what I mean

5th February 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #5  
Flag Taunton

192 posts
More
Sorry wrong post

15th February 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #6  

1 posts
Unhappy Same issue - need a real answer for a reluctant newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceygod

For me it does not. I'll pub it in and the Kindle Fire logo pops up for fastboot. Then I launch KFU and my computer detects a device too.
However when I try to do anything it will give me "<waiting for device". What exactly do you mean by type in fastboot devices.

Have same problem described. KF 1, fastboot cable. Tried following threads on xda for unbricking but none of the instructions are presented in a way that covers every step required, Some download links are dead. Assumes prior knowledge of steps, sofftware used.

My goal is to unbrick and restore instead of throwing this thing out. Amazon will not support Kindle Fire 1 and threw me a discount offer on a new HD (after I had already bought one). Can somone help pick up where the previous post left off (assume he gave up)?

Thanks
22nd February 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #7  

3 posts
KFHD fastboot cmd prompt
ok having an issues getting the KFHD 7" to be recognized by adb, i have tried multiple drivers and still no avail have sdk installed etc etc
25th February 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #8  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 107

615 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmcclelland

Have same problem described. KF 1, fastboot cable. Tried following threads on xda for unbricking but none of the instructions are presented in a way that covers every step required, Some download links are dead. Assumes prior knowledge of steps, sofftware used.

My goal is to unbrick and restore instead of throwing this thing out. Amazon will not support Kindle Fire 1 and threw me a discount offer on a new HD (after I had already bought one). Can somone help pick up where the previous post left off (assume he gave up)?

Thanks

Take a look here, and see if any of this makes sense. Post back with questions!

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane252

ok having an issues getting the KFHD 7" to be recognized by adb, i have tried multiple drivers and still no avail have sdk installed etc etc

You have the wrong forum. Try the KFHD dedicated forum. This is only for the regular kindle fire.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Kindle Fire Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank