Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help Unbricking

Tip us?

iceygod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Help Unbricking

I've read the basic guide for the Kindle and I've recently obtained a factory cable for my Kindle Fire I (not II). The factory seems to be working and it gets the kindle in to fast boot. I have installed the drivers and I have ADB running but no device is detected. I'm honestly completely lost and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

SwoRNLeaDejZ
Old
Thanks Meter 33
If your factory cable is working then the KFU will work even if the device isn't detected. It did for me, and adb didn't find the device. Try typing "fastboot devices" instead of adb devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

iceygod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default waiting for device

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoRNLeaDejZ View Post
If your factory cable is working then the KFU will work even if the device isn't detected. It did for me, and adb didn't find the device. Try typing "fastboot devices" instead of adb devices.

For me it does not. I'll pub it in and the Kindle Fire logo pops up for fastboot. Then I launch KFU and my computer detects a device too.
However when I try to do anything it will give me "<waiting for device". What exactly do you mean by type in fastboot devices.

SwoRNLeaDejZ
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Look up a tutorial for setting up adb and fastboot on your computer and you'll see what I mean

SwoRNLeaDejZ
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Sorry wrong post

davidjmcclelland
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Same issue - need a real answer for a reluctant newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceygod View Post
For me it does not. I'll pub it in and the Kindle Fire logo pops up for fastboot. Then I launch KFU and my computer detects a device too.
However when I try to do anything it will give me "<waiting for device". What exactly do you mean by type in fastboot devices.
Have same problem described. KF 1, fastboot cable. Tried following threads on xda for unbricking but none of the instructions are presented in a way that covers every step required, Some download links are dead. Assumes prior knowledge of steps, sofftware used.

My goal is to unbrick and restore instead of throwing this thing out. Amazon will not support Kindle Fire 1 and threw me a discount offer on a new HD (after I had already bought one). Can somone help pick up where the previous post left off (assume he gave up)?

Thanks

lane252
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default KFHD fastboot cmd prompt

ok having an issues getting the KFHD 7" to be recognized by adb, i have tried multiple drivers and still no avail have sdk installed etc etc

jma9454
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmcclelland View Post
Have same problem described. KF 1, fastboot cable. Tried following threads on xda for unbricking but none of the instructions are presented in a way that covers every step required, Some download links are dead. Assumes prior knowledge of steps, sofftware used.

My goal is to unbrick and restore instead of throwing this thing out. Amazon will not support Kindle Fire 1 and threw me a discount offer on a new HD (after I had already bought one). Can somone help pick up where the previous post left off (assume he gave up)?

Thanks
Take a look here, and see if any of this makes sense. Post back with questions!

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane252 View Post
ok having an issues getting the KFHD 7" to be recognized by adb, i have tried multiple drivers and still no avail have sdk installed etc etc
You have the wrong forum. Try the KFHD dedicated forum. This is only for the regular kindle fire.

I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2