[Q] Z1 Shooting 4K MAYBE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Brownman33

Feb 25, 2014
Ok so,
this is my first post here so I was just wondering with the announcement of the Xperia Z2 and it's camera upgrades (The 4K to be exact).
Do you think it possible to have the Z1 do the same?
I did some Goggling and apparently the Z2 uses the same camera hardware as the Z1... So I ASSUME the upgrades are software...
Does anyone have an ideas?
Thanks

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011
The Z1 will most definitely get 4K recording, either through an official Sony update or through the devs.

In fact, the Z1 will get almost every software feature the Z2 will have including tap2wake, 4k recording etc. The one I really want is the noise cancelling technology for earphones. That would be perfect.

G

GuestX0057

The Z1 will most definitely get 4K recording, either through an official Sony update or through the devs.

In fact, the Z1 will get almost every software feature the Z2 will have including tap2wake, 4k recording etc. The one I really want is the noise cancelling technology for earphones. That would be perfect.

If you want true noise cancelling for head-/earphones then that has to be built within the earphones. Any software claiming to be "noise cancelling" can at best just increase or add ambient low sounds to mask outside noise. That is not and can never be true noise cancelling.

There are lots of earphones with that technology on the market but they are quite expensive and I seriously doubt Sony will package expensive earphones like that with a smartphone. If you really want noise cancelling then get a proper pair of 3rd party earphones and use them with any smartphone.

Brownman33

Feb 25, 2014

I'm hoping the XDA devs and stuff could, but I dunno if Sony would themselves, because if they add all the features to the Z1, the Z2's appeal REALLY drops and then the sales would too...
:/

Last edited:

qbic2

Dec 30, 2010
Kraków
If you want true noise cancelling for head-/earphones then that has to be built within the earphones. Any software claiming to be "noise cancelling" can at best just increase or add ambient low sounds to mask outside noise. That is not and can never be true noise cancelling.

There are lots of earphones with that technology on the market but they are quite expensive and I seriously doubt Sony will package expensive earphones like that with a smartphone. If you really want noise cancelling then get a proper pair of 3rd party earphones and use them with any smartphone.

I guess its dedicated circuit, earphones with mic on each and probably 5 segment mini-jack. The same digital noise cancelation is present in Sony walkmans.

G

GuestX0057

I guess its dedicated circuit, earphones with mic on each and probably 5 segment mini-jack. The same digital noise cancelation is present in Sony walkmans.
Yes, pretty much. It's just that I doubt Sony will bundle earphones or even separate technology for the audio jack and circuit like that with a smartphone. I can easily understand them doing it with a music player (and what isn't as legendary as Walkmans :> ) but not with smartphones - there's enough going on in smartphones as it is :)

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011

I read somewhere that it worked pretty well on the Z2. Not as good as having it in the headphone, but still pretty well.

TheEndHK

Apr 25, 2011
4K video recording is highly possible on Z1 and Z1 Compact. If Sony on Z1/Z1C 4.4.2 doesn't offer this feature, we'll just need someone to port it from Z2.

Status
Not open for further replies.