Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My update keeps on failing.

Tip us?

Johann_London
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default My update keeps on failing.

I need serious help here guys. I have now updated my phone twice to the new Jelly Bean 4.3 ending in 136... every time I used PC companion and every time everything seemingly went well.

Every time it did a long boot and every time it said it was successful, but it still has the version ending on 290 when I go into my settings.

Ive reset and tried switching it off for a while it just won't change.

What is going wrong? Thank you!

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1089

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann_London View Post
I need serious help here guys. I have now updated my phone twice to the new Jelly Bean 4.3 ending in 136... every time I used PC companion and every time everything seemingly went well.

Every time it did a long boot and every time it said it was successful, but it still has the version ending on 290 when I go into my settings.

Ive reset and tried switching it off for a while it just won't change.

What is going wrong? Thank you!

odd, do you have the whitebalance in settings now?
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

Johann_London
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
odd, do you have the whitebalance in settings now?
Would it be under display? It's not there... Well it's not under display...

Johann_London
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
So no white balance settings, my build number still ends on 290 and when I plug my phone into companion it says it is up to date.... I just don't get it....

Johann_London
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Desperate lol

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Desperate lol
Flash the FW .136 via Flashtool and wipe everything. Something wrong there with your PC Companion.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

Johann_London
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Flash the FW .136 via Flashtool and wipe everything. Something wrong there with your PC Companion.
Hi there... right so I have first tried to repair my phone, but still the new update just will not load.

I am now going to try your advice, but I have never flashed a phone in my life. I am reading how to do it now. I have downloaded the Emma flashtool, but now have to unlock my bootloader - I have heard previously that this breaks the camera... will my camera break when I do this?

Thank you.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Hi there... right so I have first tried to repair my phone, but still the new update just will not load.

I am now going to try your advice, but I have never flashed a phone in my life. I am reading how to do it now. I have downloaded the Emma flashtool, but now have to unlock my bootloader - I have heard previously that this breaks the camera... will my camera break when I do this?

Thank you.
You have to use Flashtool v9.14, not Emma, and flash the latest .136 FTF from Here for your Model only, you don't have to Unlock Bootloader, you phone will be just fine and your Warranty will not be voided.

Turn Off your phone, keep pushing volume down and connect via usb the phone to PC, keep holding volume down all the time, let windows install drivers for flashmode, open Flashtool, before that put the FTF .136 in flashtool folder, now click Flash on flashtool and select the right FTF, uncheck everything except Wipe Data, Appslog, Cache, now click Flash, Hold volume down until the green bar of the process will start at the bottom, now you can leave your phone alone. Done.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4