My update keeps on failing.

Search This thread

Johann_London

Oct 16, 2013
I need serious help here guys. I have now updated my phone twice to the new Jelly Bean 4.3 ending in 136... every time I used PC companion and every time everything seemingly went well.

Every time it did a long boot and every time it said it was successful, but it still has the version ending on 290 when I go into my settings.

Ive reset and tried switching it off for a while it just won't change.

What is going wrong? Thank you!

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
I need serious help here guys. I have now updated my phone twice to the new Jelly Bean 4.3 ending in 136... every time I used PC companion and every time everything seemingly went well.

Every time it did a long boot and every time it said it was successful, but it still has the version ending on 290 when I go into my settings.

Ive reset and tried switching it off for a while it just won't change.

What is going wrong? Thank you!

odd, do you have the whitebalance in settings now?

Johann_London

Oct 16, 2013
So no white balance settings, my build number still ends on 290 and when I plug my phone into companion it says it is up to date.... I just don't get it....

Johann_London

Oct 16, 2013
Flash the FW .136 via Flashtool and wipe everything. Something wrong there with your PC Companion.

Hi there... right so I have first tried to repair my phone, but still the new update just will not load.

I am now going to try your advice, but I have never flashed a phone in my life. I am reading how to do it now. I have downloaded the Emma flashtool, but now have to unlock my bootloader - I have heard previously that this breaks the camera... will my camera break when I do this?

Thank you.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Hi there... right so I have first tried to repair my phone, but still the new update just will not load.

I am now going to try your advice, but I have never flashed a phone in my life. I am reading how to do it now. I have downloaded the Emma flashtool, but now have to unlock my bootloader - I have heard previously that this breaks the camera... will my camera break when I do this?

Thank you.

You have to use Flashtool v9.14, not Emma, and flash the latest .136 FTF from Here for your Model only, you don't have to Unlock Bootloader, you phone will be just fine and your Warranty will not be voided.

Turn Off your phone, keep pushing volume down and connect via usb the phone to PC, keep holding volume down all the time, let windows install drivers for flashmode, open Flashtool, before that put the FTF .136 in flashtool folder, now click Flash on flashtool and select the right FTF, uncheck everything except Wipe Data, Appslog, Cache, now click Flash, Hold volume down until the green bar of the process will start at the bottom, now you can leave your phone alone. Done.