Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Backup & Restore App

Tip us?
 
xplod2841
Old
#1  
xplod2841's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 187
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default Backup & Restore App

I never done a full wipe since I bought my Z1 and after all that upgrades, I started experiencing lower battery lastings, and sometimes the phone doesn't work well so I decided to do a full wipe but I want to backup all my data, including app data, apps, messages, contacts etc. The biggest problem is with app data, since I used Titanium Backup on my old phone but my Z1 is not rooted.

I saw that there is an Backup & Restore app on my Z1, and it looks great. But my question is: does it really backup app data (game progress, app settings, equalizer presets in power amp etc etc) ? And I have another problem: I startet backup with that app but it's stuck for already 15 minutes on 36% GTA: SA Remaining time: 52 seconds. Why it's stuck?
 
henson0115
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplod2841 View Post
I never done a full wipe since I bought my Z1 and after all that upgrades, I started experiencing lower battery lastings, and sometimes the phone doesn't work well so I decided to do a full wipe but I want to backup all my data, including app data, apps, messages, contacts etc. The biggest problem is with app data, since I used Titanium Backup on my old phone but my Z1 is not rooted.

I saw that there is an Backup & Restore app on my Z1, and it looks great. But my question is: does it really backup app data (game progress, app settings, equalizer presets in power amp etc etc) ? And I have another problem: I startet backup with that app but it's stuck for already 15 minutes on 36% GTA: SA Remaining time: 52 seconds. Why it's stuck?
yes it works really well and backups app data no problem, i have used it about 6 times and its saved my bacon . don't worry about it being stuck, if you have a lot of apps, it will take a long time. if it fails just restart and do it again. also don't use the apps whilst its backing up.
The Following User Says Thank You to henson0115 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xplod2841
Old
#3  
xplod2841's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 187
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by henson0115 View Post
yes it works really well and backups app data no problem, i have used it about 6 times and its saved my bacon . don't worry about it being stuck, if you have a lot of apps, it will take a long time. if it fails just restart and do it again. also don't use the apps whilst its backing up.
I decided to cancel it but it didn't want to cancel so I had to force stop it. Now I'm thinking about another thing: does it backup the app itself too? Because it was stuck on GTA: SA which has a few GB. And this would be a problem because I don't have that much space on my SD card. But before starting, it said that there is around 300 MB for backup.
 
henson0115
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplod2841 View Post
I decided to cancel it but it didn't want to cancel so I had to force stop it. Now I'm thinking about another thing: does it backup the app itself too? Because it was stuck on GTA: SA which has a few GB. And this would be a problem because I don't have that much space on my SD card. But before starting, it said that there is around 300 MB for backup.
yea it does the apps and data, but you can click the little arrow and deselect apps that you do not want to include.
 
xplod2841
Old
#5  
xplod2841's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 187
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by henson0115 View Post
yea it does the apps and data, but you can click the little arrow and deselect apps that you do not want to include.
This is not really good. I want to backup my progress on that game but not the game itself since I don't have that much space on my SD card. But I think that GTA San Andreas can store progress in their cloud so I will try with this instead of backup the whole app with data.
 
eirikgu
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 172
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplod2841 View Post
This is not really good. I want to backup my progress on that game but not the game itself since I don't have that much space on my SD card. But I think that GTA San Andreas can store progress in their cloud so I will try with this instead of backup the whole app with data.
Try Helium. If you just want data, it does that for you
 
xplod2841
Old
(Last edited by xplod2841; 25th February 2014 at 01:02 PM.)
#7  
xplod2841's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 187
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirikgu View Post
Try Helium. If you just want data, it does that for you
I saw Helium but I don't want those complicated things with PC, I want to be able to do everything with just one click from my phone. I reseted my phone and restored backup but half of apps are not there !?? Do I have to install those apps before proceding with restore? Some of apps are there and their data is there but for example PowerAmp and Dolphin Browser are not there.

EDIT: I figured out where is the problem: I backed up the settings as well and while restoring, when it reachs the Settings, the phone reboots. So it restored only 2-3 apps before settings. Since this retarded app doesn't offer to check what I want to restore, I tried to manually delete the Settings app from the backup folder on my sd card but it didn't help.

How to fix this !??? I can't afford myself to lose contacts, messages and app data!

EDIT: I managed to remove Settings from Restore list by editing the a file where restore list is stored in XML format.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more

Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more