5,599,911 Members 45,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[QUERY] Does your TRUESMART really have a 1.3GHz CPU??? Post your results here...

Tip us?

gossipninja
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky* View Post
As per Omate here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...project_update

@martinbogo that's true, we have lowered the speed and review this issue with MediaTek because our first VID units were easily getting warm, overheating was a major issue.
I just hope it is a software limit and not a hardware limit, and that eventually a firmware fix will give us full speed.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked they didn't tell us.
I'm not even upset by the change, I get why they needed to do it, but to not tell anyone with a quick "to ensure better battery life we have lowered the 1.3 clock to 1.0 ghz as we work out some optimizations with Mediatek" is a bit bothersome.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3088

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipninja View Post
I just hope it is a software limit and not a hardware limit, and that eventually a firmware fix will give us full speed.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked they didn't tell us.
I'm not even upset by the change, I get why they needed to do it, but to not tell anyone with a quick "to ensure better battery life we have lowered the 1.3 clock to 1.0 ghz as we work out some optimizations with Mediatek" is a bit bothersome.
If it's a software limit then no 1.3GHz firmware fixes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
I flashed 13 different kernels from firmware going as far back as October from 3 different x201 brands (5 different models).Results;

512/4- 1.3GHz every time
1/8- 1.0Ghz every time

gossipninja
Old
(Last edited by gossipninja; 22nd February 2014 at 02:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Edit: I misread you Loki, you weren't saying software CAN'T fix it, only that you haven't found software YET that fixes it. (am I interpreting that right?)

original post below:
I guess my terminology might be wrong, I'm thinking software as in rom, kernel, boot img, basically anything that isn't an honest to god slower chip in the watch.

However, since you are stating 512/4gb watches get 1.3, but the "upgraded" watches with 1gb/8gb only run at 1ghz, that does lend me to think it is a difference in chip hardware (beyond the upgraded ram/mmc)

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3088

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipninja View Post
Edit: I misread you Loki, you weren't saying software CAN'T fix it, only that you haven't found software YET that fixes it. (am I interpreting that right?)

original post below:
I guess my terminology might be wrong, I'm thinking software as in rom, kernel, boot img, basically anything that isn't an honest to god slower chip in the watch.

However, since you are stating 512/4gb watches get 1.3, but the "upgraded" watches with 1gb/8gb only run at 1ghz, that does lend me to think it is a difference in chip hardware (beyond the upgraded ram/mmc)
If it was firmware (bootloader/kernel/recovery/system) related then a full format and flash of a completely different firmware should have fixed it. It didn't.

gossipninja
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
If it was firmware (bootloader/kernel/recovery/system) related then a full format and flash of a completely different firmware should have fixed it. It didn't.
So it is either a different cpu (soc) or under clocked in hardware?

That's troubling, I backed a 1.3 GHz device, regardless of if it makes a functional difference, it is yet another alteration to the product AFTER we paid.

There is a workaround for play store, there is a workaround for water warranty (don't open back), I accept the apps are currently beta, I don't really mind the delay, but this is getting out of hand.
What will they change next?

n33
Old
(Last edited by n33; 23rd February 2014 at 11:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Eu 512/4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-23-11-39-34[1].png
Views:	116
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2595969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-23-11-50-20[1].png
Views:	100
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	2595979  

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Same processor and SOC, jumpers are changed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mghtymse007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Wiki quietly modified yesterday to reflect CPU discrepancies...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omate_TrueSmart

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3088

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mghtymse007 View Post
Wiki quietly modified yesterday to reflect CPU discrepancies...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omate_TrueSmart
I need to edit my specs as well and complete redo benchmarks. Gonna be a very long "Sunday" on Mars.

sevs3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Eu 512/4 (assuming eu and au get same hardware here). This isnt the specs on the packaging interestingly.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393336806895.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	2599819

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393336824616.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	2599820

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app