FORUMS

OTG without root

200 posts
Thanks Meter: 50
 
By kozaks, Senior Member on 25th February 2014, 09:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
With the new kitkat update, OTG works flawlessly. However write to usb isnt available for an non rooted phone?

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
25th February 2014, 12:52 PM |#2  
jaspreet997's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozaks

With the new kitkat update, OTG works flawlessly. However write to usb isnt available for an non rooted phone?

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Its available...the only bug is a annoying USB removed persistent notification

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 02:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspreet997

Its available...the only bug is a annoying USB removed persistent notification

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

How do we write? Also which file explorer has the functionality.

Also, I agree the bug calls for a reboot to fix. Only way is to unmount the drive before you pull the device.
25th February 2014, 02:14 PM |#4  
jaspreet997's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozaks

How do we write? Also which file explorer has the functionality.

Also, I agree the bug calls for a reboot to fix. Only way is to unmount the drive before you pull the device.

Es file explorer.....and to avoid the bug just pull the otg without unmounting 😜😜


Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jaspreet997 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes