Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 39,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] my s3 is unlock but not working with provider

Tip us?

maddrass
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] my s3 is unlock but not working with provider

Can anyone shed some light please

I bought a Samsung S3 which was locked to Rogers network, I want to use it with mobilicity. but it is not working,

Could it has something to do with the phone frequency ??? I so can the frequency be changed ?

Critical Detox
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddrass View Post
Can anyone shed some light please

I bought a Samsung S3 which was locked to Rogers network, I want to use it with mobilicity. but it is not working,

Could it has something to do with the phone frequency ??? I so can the frequency be changed ?
For starters, you need it to be unlocked, and also setup with the proper APN's for mobilicity, and finally, that particular S3 needs to have support for mobilicity frequency, if it doesn't there's no way to change them. If you can get all the aforementioned then and only then will it work.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

maddrass
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Detox View Post
For starters, you need it to be unlocked, and also setup with the proper APN's for mobilicity, and finally, that particular S3 needs to have support for mobilicity frequency, if it doesn't there's no way to change them. If you can get all the aforementioned then and only then will it work.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

Thanks !!! my s3 is already unlock when i took it to mobilicity the guy said that the frequency on this phone will not work.. but some samsung s3 can be changed.