How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

WiFi Speed Slow

OP jvcjbl

9th February 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 10

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

Flashed a new Rom and had the same issue. Location services didn't work either...reset my router (it's a pretty crappy one) and that did the trick. Do you have a gateway for uverse? I would definitely put it in bridge mode and hook your router up to it if it is. That's what our IT guy told me to do with my set up and it seems to have better range etc...it's just that I have a POS router hooked up haha.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I reset my old Router (Belkin N+) and hooked that up (used to have my old Uverse gateway hooked up this way) and did a speed test. Same results as before. From what I gather bridge mode isn't enabled on this gateway. It is the new Bonded Pair Modem for use with their Power (45 Mbps) internet service. This is really frustrating the hell out of me.
23rd February 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #12  
I was getting the same issue as you are but the only difference is that my fiance's HTC One stock versus mine being rooted stock she was pulling in higher speeds when connected to the same WiFi, when I would start the test it would start out strong and then throttle back down somewhere between 6-9 Mbps when my plan is 50Mbps download and she would be getting 40+ easily 😟 my has started to catch up now but it's not really consistent. I believe it maybe something to do with my router cause I was at my friends house who also has Comcast and it was pulling faster speeds. But my laptop at home is having no issues with download speeds. This is my most recent speed test I just did about 5 mins ago.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/744622538

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 😊
25th February 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX

145 posts
Ended up getting Verizon to let me dump the HTC One and go back to my Galaxy S4. I initially had them allow me to switch from the S4 to the One but now I got them to go back. OMG what a difference. Data is 10X faster on 4G and WIFI hits the full 45mbps of my IWIFI at home. No changes to the router, no resets, just a new different phone.
25th February 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #14  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 190

676 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl

Ended up getting Verizon to let me dump the HTC One and go back to my Galaxy S4. I initially had them allow me to switch from the S4 to the One but now I got them to go back. OMG what a difference. Data is 10X faster on 4G and WIFI hits the full 45mbps of my IWIFI at home. No changes to the router, no resets, just a new different phone.

That sucks you had to switch back to the S4! Haha I'm just playin. I messed around a bit with mine and I'm able to get my max WiFi speed. My coworkers S4 gets slightly slower (not a relevant difference, though) data speeds.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

That sucks you had to switch back to the S4! Haha I'm just playin. I messed around a bit with mine and I'm able to get my max WiFi speed. My coworkers S4 gets slightly slower (not a relevant difference, though) data speeds.

The fastest 4G data speeds I could get with full signal using the One was about 21mbps. I'm at work with 2 bars of 4G and am cruising with 35mbps down. I forgot how much faster this phone was with data. Downtown Houston I pulled in 55mbps down when I had my other one. I'm traveling out of state tomorrow so I can't wait to see how it fairs.
25th February 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #16  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 190

676 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl

The fastest 4G data speeds I could get with full signal using the One was about 21mbps. I'm at work with 2 bars of 4G and am cruising with 35mbps down. I forgot how much faster this phone was with data. Downtown Houston I pulled in 55mbps down when I had my other one. I'm traveling out of state tomorrow so I can't wait to see how it fairs.

Eek, 21 is pretty slow. I have a feeling it was your phone...I've never pulled that slow in KC. I'm always around 45-50. Either way...at least you've got it worked out!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread