Please help fix my vibrating brick.

OP thekingofmean

25th February 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 26

143 posts
More
I rooted without tripping Knox months ago, I just recently made the decision to install CM. Everything has been fine until just a moment ago it rebooted on it's own and now the screen or the led won't come on. It vibrates as if it were turning on, but nothing else works. No usb, no recovery mode, no download mode, and then it repeats.

Really hoping I don't have to take it into the Sprint store here, their customer service is awful.

Any thoughts?
25th February 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 367

600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofmean

I rooted without tripping Knox months ago, I just recently made the decision to install CM. Everything has been fine until just a moment ago it rebooted on it's own and now the screen or the led won't come on. It vibrates as if it were turning on, but nothing else works. No usb, no recovery mode, no download mode, and then it repeats.

Really hoping I don't have to take it into the Sprint store here, their customer service is awful.

Any thoughts?

Having you tried pulling the battery and then going into dl mode or recovery mode?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #3  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,474

5,973 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofmean

Any thoughts?

Have you tried flashing one the tar files or one-click files? It'll just fix everything in one, well, click. If AOSP is giving you that kind of problem, stay on TouchWiz a bit. Worth at least a comparison.

At least it'll fix ya quick.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 26

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52

Having you tried pulling the battery and then going into dl mode or recovery mode?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

Have you tried flashing one the tar files or one-click files? It'll just fix everything in one, well, click. If AOSP is giving you that kind of problem, stay on TouchWiz a bit. Worth at least a comparison.

At least it'll fix ya quick.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

No USB connectivity, no Download mode, no recovery mode.

I got to the Sprint store last night, left it with them. Their tech wont look at it until 10am this morning. I have a feeling that without replacing the display they wont even be able to tell that I tripped Knox.

Do you know where I can find the Sprint document that states that TEP coverage is impartial to rooting?

It's ridiculous that they don't have loaner phones! I can't even activate my old evo because then the TEP isn't attached to the Note. They really should record TEP coverage by serial number rather than the line the phone is active on...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread