Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help fix my vibrating brick.

Tip us?

thekingofmean
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Please help fix my vibrating brick.

I rooted without tripping Knox months ago, I just recently made the decision to install CM. Everything has been fine until just a moment ago it rebooted on it's own and now the screen or the led won't come on. It vibrates as if it were turning on, but nothing else works. No usb, no recovery mode, no download mode, and then it repeats.

Really hoping I don't have to take it into the Sprint store here, their customer service is awful.

Any thoughts?
Black NOTEthree
Level 8 Resistance

Looky! Sync your files online and across computers with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/mt2iu6v

tonyevo52
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofmean View Post
I rooted without tripping Knox months ago, I just recently made the decision to install CM. Everything has been fine until just a moment ago it rebooted on it's own and now the screen or the led won't come on. It vibrates as if it were turning on, but nothing else works. No usb, no recovery mode, no download mode, and then it repeats.

Really hoping I don't have to take it into the Sprint store here, their customer service is awful.

Any thoughts?
Having you tried pulling the battery and then going into dl mode or recovery mode?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofmean View Post

Any thoughts?
Have you tried flashing one the tar files or one-click files? It'll just fix everything in one, well, click. If AOSP is giving you that kind of problem, stay on TouchWiz a bit. Worth at least a comparison.

At least it'll fix ya quick.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thekingofmean
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52 View Post
Having you tried pulling the battery and then going into dl mode or recovery mode?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
Have you tried flashing one the tar files or one-click files? It'll just fix everything in one, well, click. If AOSP is giving you that kind of problem, stay on TouchWiz a bit. Worth at least a comparison.

At least it'll fix ya quick.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

No USB connectivity, no Download mode, no recovery mode.

I got to the Sprint store last night, left it with them. Their tech wont look at it until 10am this morning. I have a feeling that without replacing the display they wont even be able to tell that I tripped Knox.

Do you know where I can find the Sprint document that states that TEP coverage is impartial to rooting?

It's ridiculous that they don't have loaner phones! I can't even activate my old evo because then the TEP isn't attached to the Note. They really should record TEP coverage by serial number rather than the line the phone is active on...
Black NOTEthree
Level 8 Resistance

Looky! Sync your files online and across computers with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/mt2iu6v