FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Game compatability for Dell Venue 8??

15th February 2014, 10:46 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Really looking forward to getting one of these. Will take me back to my first tablet, the Dell Streak 7. One thing that concerns me is being an Intel processor game compatibility might be quite bad. Although I might be wrong of course.

I pretty much mostly use tablets for gaming and browsing so I am hoping to check for some opinions. Does it seem to be compatible with most games? Any games noticeably missing from Play store?


Games I play are Order and Chaos Duels, Modern Combat 4, Gameloft Live! and Lets Golf 3.

If there are no big problems with game compatibility im definately going to get one but if quite alot of games are missing from the play store I might look elsewhere.
 
 
15th February 2014, 08:53 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Well I am guessing your using the android version. The only app that seem was a problem was the PayPal app :/
16th February 2014, 02:53 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medseven

Really looking forward to getting one of these. Will take me back to my first tablet, the Dell Streak 7. One thing that concerns me is being an Intel processor game compatibility might be quite bad. Although I might be wrong of course.

I pretty much mostly use tablets for gaming and browsing so I am hoping to check for some opinions. Does it seem to be compatible with most games? Any games noticeably missing from Play store?


Games I play are Order and Chaos Duels, Modern Combat 4, Gameloft Live! and Lets Golf 3.

If there are no big problems with game compatibility im definately going to get one but if quite alot of games are missing from the play store I might look elsewhere.

Of those, all are venue 8 compatible (according to google play; I didn't actually install them on my venue 8) except for Gameloft Live. It seems Gameloft Live isn't compatible with my 2012 nexus 7 or my nexus 5 either, for whatever reason.
19th February 2014, 11:11 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
How about games like candy crush, clash of clans, wheres my water, or those running games?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th February 2014, 10:48 PM |#5  
hunterk11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureV

How about games like candy crush, clash of clans, wheres my water, or those running games?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lol of course those are very weak games the tablet isa beast, 2ghz processor arm7 2gb ram, it will run just about anything

Please quote me in replies.
Sent from Dell Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 01:39 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterk11

Lol of course those are very weak games the tablet isa beast, 2ghz processor arm7 2gb ram, it will run just about anything

Please quote me in replies.
Sent from Dell Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

I was not concerned about the performance, but the compatibility, as in, will those games run at all or not? my nexus 7 is incompatible with some games and they can't be downloaded from Play Store because of this.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th February 2014, 01:41 AM |#7  
hunterk11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureV

I was not concerned about the performance, but the compatibility, as in, will those games run at all or not? my nexus 7 is incompatible with some games and they can't be downloaded from Play Store because of this.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It will, i havent found anything besides credit karma that is incompatible.

Please quote me in replies.
Sent from Dell Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hunterk11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 03:42 PM |#8  
arclight25's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Big fish casino fails to open on the venue 8. Just sits at a blank screen. I am assuming it is a compatibility issue with the intel processor. I have emailed the developer on it, but have not received any fix as of yet.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes