FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Feature Request] NFC toggle in quick settings

1,637 posts
Thanks Meter: 364
 
By venelar, Senior Member on 30th January 2014, 05:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Could this be done please? It makes life a lot easier on Google wallet users that don't want to keep NFC on 24/7
 
 
5th February 2014, 04:36 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,105
 
Donate to Me
More
add to http://jira.omnirom.org
5th February 2014, 06:05 PM |#3  
venelar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 364
 
More
Will do, thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to venelar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 05:58 PM |#4  
venelar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 364
 
More
http://jira.omnirom.org/browse/OMNI-553
6th February 2014, 09:38 PM |#5  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venelar

Could this be done please? It makes life a lot easier on Google wallet users that don't want to keep NFC on 24/7

I'm not sure if there is really any benefit to this, considering that NFC's power consumption when the screen is on is insignificant, and polling is turned off when the screen is off.
6th February 2014, 09:46 PM |#6  
venelar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 364
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

I'm not sure if there is really any benefit to this, considering that NFC's power consumption when the screen is on is insignificant, and polling is turned off when the screen is off.

Tbh I haven't checked it on the nexus 5 that I have now. Coming from the HTC one x and CM previously it was very important to toggle it because it ate a ton of battery on that device. I'll leave it on for a day or so and check.
24th February 2014, 03:15 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Just found this thread. OMNI-553 was posted by me, as the issue is not so much battery, but choice of when to disable triggering. Looks like someone marked it as "done" but nothing looks to have changed in the newest build. Changelog seems a little vague.
25th February 2014, 03:59 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,105
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cram42

Just found this thread. OMNI-553 was posted by me, as the issue is not so much battery, but choice of when to disable triggering. Looks like someone marked it as "done" but nothing looks to have changed in the newest build. Changelog seems a little vague.

I agree that a QS tile is easier then going through the "settings hierarchy of hell"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes