5,597,707 Members 34,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why I am getting rid of my Moto G for the RAZR I.

Tip us?

technostein
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Why I am getting rid of my Moto G for the RAZR I.

I have the RAZR i about a year ago, was really happy with it, but the app compatibility annoyed me too much, now fast forward to now, I own a Moto G, this is my first Motorola device since I gave up the RAZR i a year ago, and wow I have missed Motorola, every phone I have had from them has been so reliable.

BUT there are downsides and reasons why I am now going to switch BACK to the RAZR i from the MOTO G.

8 megapixel vs 5 megapixel: RAZR i wins here, not that I use my phone for photography, but the Moto G camera awful, everything looks painted!

Design: Well not saying the MOTO G design is bad, but let's face it, the RAZR i takes the crown without a doubt in design.

IPS vs AMOLED: even though the Moto G does have a higher pixel density, doesn't say that the RAZR i screen is awful, and I have always preferred AMOLED over IPS, but thats personal preference.

Micro SD: The Moto G doesn't have one!!

web browsing speed: I did a side by side comparison with my friends RAZR i, the RAZR i is a second quicker, despite been less powerful, speaks for itself.

These reasons mean a lot to me and that's why I am switching back. And maybe it will make you think twice about switching too.

I just hope apps have become more compatible since I last had it :/

Top reliable phones I have had: HTC One. LG G2, Nexus 4, Note 2, Nokia 5800, Motorola RAZR V3X, Motorola RAZR i, Nexus 5 Had many more, but these devices were the best IMO.

Current Phone: HTC One M8

Press THANKS if i helped you, it's nice knowing when you have helped somebody out
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to technostein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YaPeL
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Well, the moto G is fine, but not something to see as an upgrade for us razr i users, I'm waiting for the new asus line, I'm very happy with my intel processor, although what I wished for it didn't come true, and remember kids, always update to more, no to less-

edit: the moto g display is tn,not ips.

bongofred
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaPeL View Post
Well, the moto G is fine, but not something to see as an upgrade for us razr i users, I'm waiting for the new asus line, I'm very happy with my intel processor, although what I wished for it didn't come true, and remember kids, always update to more, no to less-

yeah, I agree, Moto G is equally fine as the razr i. I bought the Moto G for my mom so I had some time comparing the two phones and in the end both have their strengths and flaws. I would say, if you have neither of the two phones and want to switch to a medium spec phone then go for the G, but if you are using the i at the moment and think about going for the G, I would say it is not worth it.

technostein
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaPeL View Post

Read on gsmarena it used a IPS. oh well. And i now own the RAZR i, it's brlliant, the design and camera are far superior. But it is a little more laggy.

Top reliable phones I have had: HTC One. LG G2, Nexus 4, Note 2, Nokia 5800, Motorola RAZR V3X, Motorola RAZR i, Nexus 5 Had many more, but these devices were the best IMO.

Current Phone: HTC One M8

Press THANKS if i helped you, it's nice knowing when you have helped somebody out

Mr Spigot
Old
(Last edited by Mr Spigot; 23rd January 2014 at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Moto-G is great but as far as I can see there's no way for it to recognise a car dock. My Defy had a magnetic switch and the Razr i has NFC which works fine for that purpose and maybe for other stuff too (one day...).
I'm using more than 16Gb of my SD card, so space would be an issue.
Definitely not a Razr I replacement for me.

Moving back to ARM would be a positive I think - a couple of apps have recently stopped working after an update (NavFree included) and I think multi-core would help with lag. That said, I've just reduced the lag a lot by uninstalling the updates to the increasing number of Google apps I don't use and disabling them in the app manager so I'm not hassled to update them. I recommend doing that.

incrazyboyy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I can understand you, because I've already thought about switching to the moto g, too. But I really love my RAZR i and I won't switch so fast!
The Following User Says Thank You to incrazyboyy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]