Default Wakelocks and Battery life...

Wondering if someone can shed some light on some things for me...

I've recently purchased GSAM battery monitor so i can keep an eye on things like wakelocks etc...

What i'm finding no matter the rom withing a few days my battery life seems to dramatically reduce, now i understand that different apps etc all have an effect on this, but i literally haven't downloaded any new apps for a while and i always full wipe between rom changes...

Currently i'm using ARHD 52.0 with the 4.19.401.9 firmware

Previously was using ARHD 51.0 with 4.19.401.8 firmware which was excellent for a few days battery life wise but after a few days (no new apps) battery would just about last a day with average/low use in the beginning according to GSAM battery life with similiar use was going to be 2days 8hrs..

Currently (i only flashed the new rom with a clean install this morning) battery life seems excellent, so i'll see how it goes over the next few days.

Anyway when i've looked at battery stats paypal is the highest usage app with 9.8% and it says 2221 wakelocks and keep awake nearly 42mins, thats in something like a 6hr period this seems excessive to me and does that literally mean that paypal has woken my phone from deep sleep 2221 times ?

I know i can run something like Greenify which i think will stop paypal running at all until i open it up, but i want to be notified of payments through paypal its connected to my business website and a great way for me to see i have new orders...

I have a few other apps also suggesting lots of wakelocks is this whats draining the battery do things like this get progressively worse over time and is there an app where i can maybe allow something like paypal to check up every 30min ?

Don't know if it makes any difference but i always charge up over night phone left on charge for maybe 8-9hours should i not be doing this and allow it to drain to nearly empty ?

Sorry for so many questions...

Thanks