Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 40,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Roxfit Carbon Book Flipcase - Photos

Tip us?

Milkywaye
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Roxfit Carbon Book Flipcase - Photos

The case is fine, if you are into that kinda thing.
I come from a Galaxy Note so like a flip cover and after a couple of days the cover is fine staying closed.

Not had any flash bleed from my pink phone that others have experienced.

I am actually gonna swith to a bumper case for my main use though as I use a magnetic doc and it doesn't work with that
(having said that.. it is easy enough to get in and out of the case to not irk me)

Doesn't feel like it will slip out of the case at all

Photos attached (hopefully.. my first photo upload!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140210_094636.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	2570529   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140210_094743.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	2570530   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140210_094726.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	2570531   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140210_094650.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	2570532  

Nos0x
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Thanks for uploading these photos, I have one on order

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Xperia Z1 Compact | iPad 4 | iPhone 4 | SE Xperia Play

p2dr
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
I had this case. Untill i had issues with the screen. Issues like lockscreen freezing and notification bar tripping and locking as well. Obviously I can't really prove it's because of the case, but when I removed the case, those issues no longer occured. Just a warning. I think it's because of the creditcard-area, thats a little thick.
If someone could confirm this? I hope not ofcourse. But it's really hard to say it was not because of the case, because the only time I had those issues was when the case was on.
The Following User Says Thank You to p2dr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

delimanyak23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2dr View Post
I had this case. Untill i had issues with the screen. Issues like lockscreen freezing and notification bar tripping and locking as well. Obviously I can't really prove it's because of the case, but when I removed the case, those issues no longer occured. Just a warning. I think it's because of the creditcard-area, thats a little thick.
If someone could confirm this? I hope not ofcourse. But it's really hard to say it was not because of the case, because the only time I had those issues was when the case was on.
Yes.
Same Issues.

madlive
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Don't have any of these issues. Also have the carbon patterned one. I have mixed feeling about the case. Really dislike it's incompatible with either the DK31/32 dock from Sony (it claims to be an official Sony approved case), and secondly the cover flap has to much freedom of moving when closed, makes it look quite cheap. Still on the lookout for a flipcover case that will fit in the dock.
Droid power!
Phones:
G1--Moto Milestone--Moto Defy--Moto RAZR Maxx----Sony Xperia Z1--Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Tablets:
Samsung P1000 3G--Moto Xoom 3G--Samsung 7.7 3G--Google Nexus 7 3G--MS Surface RT--MS Surface 2

nelvinchi
Old
Thanks Meter 142
I have this case - it's the worst case I've had for any phone..... Have issues with my music skipping when the phone is in my pocket, pretty sure it's the case.

It's incredible that Roxfit are actually the OFFICIAL accessory provider for Sony Xperia phones....

My Case_Mate Barely-There case is on order and due to arrive end of the month. I've had the Case_Mate Barely-There for every phone I've owned, and it has never let me down.....
***** The only stupid question is the one you do not ask *****

Search FIRST though!

Total members helped out of soft bricks = 17 19

If i have helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button!

djjohn2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
same issue her..had to turn the phone off and on to respond..not as good like samsung flip case or lg g2 flip case

Milkywaye
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
ohmigod...

this has happened to me too!
I thought this was related to the other screen issue some have had and it would never have occurred to the that the case would cause this,
(also.. it didn't happen until recently... hmm.. i did recently use the card holder in the flap.. but not sure if that was the start point of the touchscreen issues)

i have now switched over to the Krusell Frostcover (just yesterday),.. so i am intrigued if the issues occur now (normally the issues happen a couple of times a day).. will respond back tomorrow

btw.. loving the frostcover!

damn.. this is a shame.. I like the Roxfit case up til this point (i really do like book covers for mobiles, just becuase i am so nevous about the screen).. but do agree with many of the complaints listed by others in this thread (i just don;t find them that bad)

Milkywaye
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkywaye View Post
ohmigod...

this has happened to me too!
I thought this was related to the other screen issue some have had and it would never have occurred to the that the case would cause this,
(also.. it didn't happen until recently... hmm.. i did recently use the card holder in the flap.. but not sure if that was the start point of the touchscreen issues)

i have now switched over to the Krusell Frostcover (just yesterday),.. so i am intrigued if the issues occur now (normally the issues happen a couple of times a day).. will respond back tomorrow

btw.. loving the frostcover!

damn.. this is a shame.. I like the Roxfit case up til this point (i really do like book covers for mobiles, just becuase i am so nevous about the screen).. but do agree with many of the complaints listed by others in this thread (i just don;t find them that bad)
Yup.. all issues have gone away.
I have no choice but to say... for the time being.. avoid this case

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelvinchi View Post
I have this case - it's the worst case I've had for any phone
My mate at work says said the same about the one he got for his Z1, his main issue was having to flip it open every time, which is why I could never own this style of case and he's stopped using his now.

Tags
flipcase, roxfit, z1 compact