Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all,

This is a noob question, I’m sorry, but I figured I’d post the question and explain what I understood so others could benefit. As I’m a new user, I’m posting here and not in the development section.

After looking at the new 4.3 ROMs, I figured peetr_ hybrid ROM ( looked good and I am now trying to figure out how to install it.

Right now, I have a Xperia T (LT30p) with CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.7, Doomkernel 3.4.0 and XperimenT 2.3 (i.e. JB 4.1.2).

Here is how I planned to update [order and wording changed following Alex5699’s comments]:

1) Download a new Kernel, one of the two mentioned here: . One of them has no recovery, so I figure that if I flash one without recovery, I will loose recovery? So I think I will choose this kernel in its zipfile version and put it on the phone.
2) Download the zipfile from here and put it on the phone.
3) Go into recovery.
4) Do a factory reset(=wipe data), wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.
5) Flash the ROM. No reboot before the next step!
6) Flash the kernel.
7) Reboot and be happy.

I just wanted to check if this is the right order (if someone agrees I’ll update the post to remove the question marks) and that I’m wiping the right things. I suppose wiping these things does not erase the content on the virtual sdcard in the phone. At least that’s what I think I remember from last time.

Thank you very much in advance for your help. Have a great day!
Last edited by xdasmile; 26th February 2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: updating in order to be correct for future readers
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread