Official Google Chromecast Change log?

OP jsdecker10

9th January 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag The good ol Deep South
Thanks Meter: 49

381 posts
More
I noticed that the official Chrome Browser Google Cast Extension was updated a couple of days ago, but I can't seem to find any official Google Change Log for any updates to the Cast Extension or even the Chromecast device itself. Does anyone know if there even IS an official change log for the Cast Extension and/or the Chromecast device that's written up and updated by Google? I can't seem to find one anywhere!!
9th January 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag The good ol Deep South
Thanks Meter: 49

381 posts
More
....Oh yea, btw. I already know about the Google "Chrome Releases" webpage right here, so I should have specified that I'm actually looking for something that is...I guess the word I'm looking for is....more "current" and up-to-date with the proper device and extension releases. For example, the newest chromecast firmware update is apparently nowhere to be found...and as far as the Google Cast Extension goes, Google does a pi$$-poor job of updating its Chrome Web Store listing whenever it releases an update to the Cast extension. Actually, I don't think there's ONE SINGLE written description of ANY update that the Cast extension has seen. Now I'll give Google props on keeping us updated with a changelog for their Android app. They've done a pretty good job of keeping the "What's new" section of its Play Store listing up-to-date and in-line with the current version of their Chromecast app. Please correct me if I'm wrong though on the extension and the device firmware...
9th January 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 882

2,248 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdecker10

....Oh yea, btw. I already know about the Google "Chrome Releases" webpage right here, so I should have specified that I'm actually looking for something that is...I guess the word I'm looking for is....more "current" and up-to-date with the proper device and extension releases. For example, the newest chromecast firmware update is apparently nowhere to be found...and as far as the Google Cast Extension goes, Google does a pi$$-poor job of updating its Chrome Web Store listing whenever it releases an update to the Cast extension. Actually, I don't think there's ONE SINGLE written description of ANY update that the Cast extension has seen. Now I'll give Google props on keeping us updated with a changelog for their Android app. They've done a pretty good job of keeping the "What's new" section of its Play Store listing up-to-date and in-line with the current version of their Chromecast app. Please correct me if I'm wrong though on the extension and the device firmware...

There's a Dec 4 "version" (don't ask me what that means) in the chromecast-mirrored-source
and there's also the Cast SDK issue tracker to kind of get an idea of where things are going.

No clue where the Cast extension code lives.
25th February 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Walsall
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
More
Is this what you are after? Google Cast Release Notes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bickmista For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickmista

Is this what you are after? Google Cast Release Notes

Seems like they keep it pretty up to date there. Does the chromecast light flash when it updates?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
browser, cast, chromecast, extension, google
Previous Thread Next Thread