Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

update 68 or any update and root shield

Tip us?

acem77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default update 68 or any update and root shield

i tried to install update 68, the shield reboots get me to the screen with the android on its back, select the update install, then it errors out?
is the device being rooted causing the issue o the bootloader.

also if this or any small update installed correctly would i lose my root access,
if i lose root, will i always have to start from a factory rest and lose all my information to root it again.

thanks

UNCUT88RAW
Old
(Last edited by UNCUT88RAW; 25th February 2014 at 08:26 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 32
An unlocked bootloader is not the problem. If you somehow modified the system image ( like rooted/removed apps, integrated updates into ROM, installed custom recovery or something else) the update process will fail because of it. That might have to do with the fact its an incremental update which checks if it is modified/rooted and/or will update apps which arenīt there anymore.

One way to solve this is to backup your apps and data. Then flash stock recovery and stock image via fastboot and install all updates from the beginning.

The other way is to go to Nvidias Support Page for the Shield. Then download the latest Update for it. Itīs an sh package which needs to be extracted under Ubuntu or special tool for windows. Then you can flash the newest image and recovery directly with fastboot. Didnīt try that.

Hope i was able to help you.
Devices:

Nvidia Shield
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005
Samsung Gear Live

Please press "Thanks"-Button if i helped you!