[Q] Loading Ubuntu Desktop ROM

Search This thread

jraft00

Feb 22, 2014
So i'm having a problem loading the Ubuntu Desktop ROM. I followed the instruction from the below link and my problem is that when I go into MultiROM to add the Ubuntu Desktop ROM the Ubuntu ROM type is not there to be selected. I don't have privileges yet to post the in the original thread so i'm hoping that someone can help me figure out this issue.

These are the directions from the original post
"Download Ubuntu 13.04 image from here. Put the image in the memory of N7 or to USB flash drive and go to recovery. Select Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM and choose "Ubuntu" as ROM type. Then select the Ubuntu's image and confirm. Clean installation of Ubuntu is 1.5gb big, and takes a while (10 minutes?) to install."

The only selections that I have to choose from is: Android, MultiROM installer (*.mrom files) and Ubuntu Touch.

This is the original post
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011403

jraft00

Feb 22, 2014
So i'm having a problem loading the Ubuntu Desktop ROM. I followed the instruction from the below link and my problem is that when I go into MultiROM to add the Ubuntu Desktop ROM the Ubuntu ROM type is not there to be selected. I don't have privileges yet to post the in the original thread so i'm hoping that someone can help me figure out this issue.

These are the directions from the original post
"Download Ubuntu 13.04 image from here. Put the image in the memory of N7 or to USB flash drive and go to recovery. Select Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM and choose "Ubuntu" as ROM type. Then select the Ubuntu's image and confirm. Clean installation of Ubuntu is 1.5gb big, and takes a while (10 minutes?) to install."

The only selections that I have to choose from is: Android, MultiROM installer (*.mrom files) and Ubuntu Touch.

This is the original post
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011403

bump

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
I'm not sure if Ubuntu Desktop is supported any longer, but you can give the MultiRom Manager app a shot.

(Btw, I'm using an older version (v15) and I have the option to install Ubuntu Desktop)

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
Idk, if you don't have any secondary rom it should cause any problem. Maybe you should ask around in the MultiROM topic.