XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SafeStra Bootloop...

Tip us?

treyonator56
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy [Q] SafeStra Bootloop...

Long story short. Backed up all my apps with TiBa Pro. Deleted an apk that sent me in to a boot loop, got to SS recovery. Restored my backup, now I'm in a recovery bootloop. It boots to the default recovery now, not SS. I have to pull the battery to make it stop. Can anyone help me out here? I am on 4.3. Rooted.

ATGkompressor
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyonator56 View Post
Long story short. Backed up all my apps with TiBa Pro. Deleted an apk that sent me in to a boot loop, got to SS recovery. Restored my backup, now I'm in a recovery bootloop. It boots to the default recovery now, not SS. I have to pull the battery to make it stop. Can anyone help me out here? I am on 4.3. Rooted.
I don't think u can use titanium with safestrap. Not sure what to tell u. Can u get to download mode? And do u have a nandroid handy? Have u tried a factory data reset?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

treyonator56
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I fixed this myself. I had no guide, but I had to flash the 4.3 Official ROM from Samsung then reroot my phone and reinstall SS. SS was able to mount /system this time so I was able to restore the previous backup that I made. Only downside was that I had to use 4g to download everything that I needed...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk