5,604,050 Members 48,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera app not Working after 4.3 update and Rooting

Tip us?

ragomes14
Old
(Last edited by ragomes14; 10th February 2014 at 07:47 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Camera app not Working after 4.3 update and Rooting

Hello!

I recently updated to 4.3 and rooted the device using Odin, however the default camera app is no longer responding - it gives me the following error message: "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped working".

Things I've done to try and fix it:
1- cleaned cache and data but that didn't solve the problem.
2- also reset the device to factory through settings but it didn't work either
3- re-install camera.apk (wouldn't install using Titanium)
4- install new stock camera from 4.3 rom (installed but got the same message)
5- manually replaced the files for the camera (system/app/SamsungCamera.apk and SamsungCamera.odex) AND Gallery (SecGallery2013.apk and SecGallery2013.apk) with new ones

Issue still persists...

Any ideas? Pls help.

Thanks!

ascrackoo1
Old
Thanks Meter 32
if you're using xpose mod and wanam update to the latest wanam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragomes14 View Post
Hello!

I recently updated to 4.3 and rooted the device using Odin, however the default camera app is no longer responding - it gives me the following error message: "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped working".

Things I've done to try and fix it:
1- cleaned cache and data but that didn't solve the problem.
2- also reset the device to factory through settings but it didn't work either
3- re-install camera.apk (wouldn't install using Titanium)
4- install new stock camera from 4.3 rom (installed but got the same message)
5- manually replaced the files for the camera (system/app/SamsungCamera.apk and SamsungCamera.odex) AND Gallery (SecGallery2013.apk and SecGallery2013.apk) with new ones

Issue still persists...

Any ideas? Pls help.

Thanks!

ragomes14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascrackoo1 View Post
if you're using xpose mod and wanam update to the latest wanam.
Thanks but it didn't work.

I got it solved today thou in an unexpected way by actually using the Back up feature within ROM Manager - the phone went into back up mode (like recovery mode where you see the little android robot and command lines), waited until the back up process was finished then rebooted without choosing the option to "fix possible root loss" warning. After that camera was finally back again.

Then I recalled that the last time I've done this back up through Rom Manager there was some sort of problem during the process which interrupted it so I realize now that somehow it affected the camera (have no idea how they relate thou) - but the fact is that as soon as it successfully finished the back up the issue was automatically fixed. Weird, stupid and very rare, I know... At least is fixed!

Cankles
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragomes14 View Post
Thanks but it didn't work.

I got it solved today thou in an unexpected way by actually using the Back up feature within ROM Manager - the phone went into back up mode (like recovery mode where you see the little android robot and command lines), waited until the back up process was finished then rebooted without choosing the option to "fix possible root loss" warning. After that camera was finally back again.

Then I recalled that the last time I've done this back up through Rom Manager there was some sort of problem during the process which interrupted it so I realize now that somehow it affected the camera (have no idea how they relate thou) - but the fact is that as soon as it successfully finished the back up the issue was automatically fixed. Weird, stupid and very rare, I know... At least is fixed!

Not to thread jack, but do you have the apk for the stock camera app from 4.3? Thanks in advance

starkruzr
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
I've had exactly this same problem. Do I have to run a backup to fix it?
+++ATH0

-----------
AT&T 8525 --> iPhone 2.5G --> iPhone 3GS --> Google Nexus One --> T-Mobile G2 --> AT&T Galaxy Note i717 --> Samsung Galaxy Note International N7000 --> T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2