Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted Nook HD+ Wont Boot from any SD

Tip us?
 
rfrayer
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: May 2012
Default Rooted Nook HD+ Wont Boot from any SD

After I flashed my HD+ to the stock rooted rom I had noticed that my bluetooth keyboard was not compatable with the stock nook OS but worked fine with CM. I stuck the bootable SD in and it would not boot, I thought maybe this might be a problem with the sdcard well 5 sdcards later it still wont boot, this problem did not start until i flashed firmware 2.1.1 rooted on there. Is there anyways to get clockworkmod back on this device? If so is there a link anywhere to a flashable image and the name of the partition I would flash it to. I still see cyanaboot when i boot up but holding the N key to access the menu does nothing either. Thanks in advance
 
leapinlar
Old
#2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3545
Posts: 8,092
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfrayer View Post
After I flashed my HD+ to the stock rooted rom I had noticed that my bluetooth keyboard was not compatable with the stock nook OS but worked fine with CM. I stuck the bootable SD in and it would not boot, I thought maybe this might be a problem with the sdcard well 5 sdcards later it still wont boot, this problem did not start until i flashed firmware 2.1.1 rooted on there. Is there anyways to get clockworkmod back on this device? If so is there a link anywhere to a flashable image and the name of the partition I would flash it to. I still see cyanaboot when i boot up but holding the N key to access the menu does nothing either. Thanks in advance
There is no menu in the cyanoboot screen. To reset your device do the 8 failed boot procedure. Just interrupt the boot 8 times in a row by holding the power button until it turns off. On the 9th boot let it complete and it will reset itself to pure stock. Then you can start over.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
rfrayer
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
There is no menu in the cyanoboot screen. To reset your device do the 8 failed boot procedure. Just interrupt the boot 8 times in a row by holding the power button until it turns off. On the 9th boot let it complete and it will reset itself to pure stock. Then you can start over.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
still wont boot from sdcard
 
leapinlar
Old
#4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3545
Posts: 8,092
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfrayer View Post
still wont boot from sdcard
The only way you are going to be able to mod the device any further is to get an SD to boot. Did you try the new procedure in my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
rfrayer
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
The only way you are going to be able to mod the device any further is to get an SD to boot. Did you try the new procedure in my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Yeah it ended up factory resetting about 3 times and then, by magic, booted into sd.. Thank heavens I thought i was going to be stuck with a useless keyboard
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes