Ask a question

No registration required

How to make stock rom flashble?

OP Lostboymir

23rd February 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Hello. I am using a new Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi model. I like the stock rom but i want to get rid of some of the apps from the stock without any mods. I just want a stock rom without all the bloatware like chaton, flipboard, groupplay, samsung account,learning hub, play books etc.
I know, i can root it and unninstall the apps or not root and deactivate apps. But i want a rom based on the stock rom WITHOUT those apps (which i can do a clean flash).
Is there a way to do it?
10x
23rd February 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostboymir

Hello. I am using a new Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi model. I like the stock rom but i want to get rid of some of the apps from the stock without any mods. I just want a stock rom without all the bloatware like chaton, flipboard, groupplay, samsung account,learning hub, play books etc.
I know, i can root it and unninstall the apps or not root and deactivate apps. But i want a rom based on the stock rom WITHOUT those apps (which i can do a clean flash).
Is there a way to do it?
10x

Well i was gonna suggest the root and uninstall but then i read a little farther lol. But i suppose if you do just root it and use an app like RootAppDelete, you can remove the apps you don't want and then use a custom recovery to save the state of the stock rom (ie backup).

Im no developer so thats the best amateur thing i can suggest, plus RootAppDelete shows you what apps correlate with other apps, so you never run the risk of deleting a system application.
23rd February 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Thank you for that ideea. But i am sure there is a way to modify a stock rom i order to flash it. Obviously, an easy way, not something very complicated. I just want to optimize the rom i am using.
Last edited by Lostboymir; 23rd February 2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling
24th February 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 159

494 posts
Couldn't you remove everything you don't want then backup up the ROM using TWRP or CWM etc.

I know it wouldn't be a flashable zip like you get with custom ROMs like CM but at least you'll be to restore from it in the future.
26th February 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 236

944 posts
I think that you can open the md5 file (stock rom file) with winrar or winzip, I have never tried it but md5 is another type of compressed files

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread