Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 51,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to make stock rom flashble?

Tip us?

Lostboymir
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How to make stock rom flashble?

Hello. I am using a new Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi model. I like the stock rom but i want to get rid of some of the apps from the stock without any mods. I just want a stock rom without all the bloatware like chaton, flipboard, groupplay, samsung account,learning hub, play books etc.
I know, i can root it and unninstall the apps or not root and deactivate apps. But i want a rom based on the stock rom WITHOUT those apps (which i can do a clean flash).
Is there a way to do it?
10x

ReeceWyld
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostboymir View Post
Hello. I am using a new Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi model. I like the stock rom but i want to get rid of some of the apps from the stock without any mods. I just want a stock rom without all the bloatware like chaton, flipboard, groupplay, samsung account,learning hub, play books etc.
I know, i can root it and unninstall the apps or not root and deactivate apps. But i want a rom based on the stock rom WITHOUT those apps (which i can do a clean flash).
Is there a way to do it?
10x
Well i was gonna suggest the root and uninstall but then i read a little farther lol. But i suppose if you do just root it and use an app like RootAppDelete, you can remove the apps you don't want and then use a custom recovery to save the state of the stock rom (ie backup).

Im no developer so thats the best amateur thing i can suggest, plus RootAppDelete shows you what apps correlate with other apps, so you never run the risk of deleting a system application.

Lostboymir
Old
(Last edited by Lostboymir; 23rd February 2014 at 05:47 PM.) Reason: spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for that ideea. But i am sure there is a way to modify a stock rom i order to flash it. Obviously, an easy way, not something very complicated. I just want to optimize the rom i am using.

Gilly10
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Couldn't you remove everything you don't want then backup up the ROM using TWRP or CWM etc.

I know it wouldn't be a flashable zip like you get with custom ROMs like CM but at least you'll be to restore from it in the future.
Current Devices:
--------------------------
Nexus 7 2012 (KK 4.4.4)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (KK 4.4.2)
Acer Iconia B1-710 (JB 4.1.2)
Samsung Galaxy Ace (CM 9.2)
Samsung Galaxy Y (GB 2.3.6)

--------------------------

Ripshock
Old
Thanks Meter 210
I think that you can open the md5 file (stock rom file) with winrar or winzip, I have never tried it but md5 is another type of compressed files

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Don`t be Naughty and Follow the rules
Thanks