I have posted this in Other thread too.. may be this helps (Or save some time)
1.What ever the phone came with (never saw the version)
2. Rooted: Then just froze the apps I don't need (DID NOT DELETE) NO Exposed Or anything fancy. PURE STOCK just at&T bloat froze.
3. Then the Silent update came... I guess it was 10q (few weeks back), It was fine... ROOT remained.
4. Kitkat update came..
5. I de-froze all the apps before the update..
6. Tried to installed KITKAT after download... (After 1 of 2) it says Err: 0x111004
Once booted it said this update is not for rooted device. (or something similar)
7. I thought may be it recognized SuperSU/Super USer so I Uninstalled (Removed complete ROOT through the app) Download again the Kitkat.. Same ERROR And SAME message. I went it Recovery (Button combo) to complete wipe (Noticed RED Rooted below on the screen on Recovery) did the complete wipe and Still No Luck.
8. Go back to Complete stock through flash method as I realized ROOTED written on recovery so no wipe will help that...
9. chat with AT&T asked them to push 10q the silent updated.
10. once it was done I asked her if she can push Kitkat too.. she did.
The only thing was lost all the data in the process.. But I kept my pic's Auto backup through g+ so they are safe.. rest everything I lost which I don't care anyway. (Chat etc)
SO the BOTTOM LINE IS... If you see ROOTED on your stock recovery NO matter what you do... It will not update. If you dont see it.. then your are fine I Guess ("I guess" is the keyword)
Also I'm not sure if there are 2 versions of root methods... So if anyone has Root and was able to update to kitkat.. Can you link which Root method you guys used.. Thanks in advance.
Current Phone:LG optimus G And SONY TL
Current Tab: Galaxy Tab 10.1 And Asus TF300T
Previously SGS2 Intl + Atrix 2 VictoryRom
Previously Infuse 4G (VictoryRom_KL2
Previously Captivate With VictoryRom
. By Me
CLICK THANKS AND PLEASE DONATE TO DEVELOPERS IF U LIKE THE WORK.
Even $1 makes a difference.