Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 38,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Broken USB Port, S-On, Bad flash, what can I do??

Tip us?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,981

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yimpierre View Post
You guys have been a great help. Thanks a lot

It seems my data connectivity issue is unrelated to the ROM i'm using. I must have caused it while tinkering or trying to update firmware. Now I'm on Evervolv with the same issues. Both Carbon and Evervolv are mostly stable with cell signal for calls and wifi, but no mobile data.

TWRP 2.6.3.0
HBOOT 2.21.0000
Radio 1.22.10.0310r/1.22.10.0308r

Is there something I can flash via a PH98IMG.zip that might fix this issue? Or maybe it's an issue with Verizon that they could fix?
you are on a VERY old hboot and radios....that is what could be causing your mobile data issues
☢ LG G2 ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: NewBeta Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
☢ SGS Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: B14CKB1RD v2.2 beta Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC ReZound ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23 radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

yimpierre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
you are on a VERY old hboot and radios....that is what could be causing your mobile data issues
Thanks for joining in! I tried to update these, but was having a hard time. When I was looking at firmware update PH98IMG.zip's, it looked like you need to relock to flash these up, then unlock again (both requiring usb). Is it possible to update hboot and radios without doing this?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,981

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yimpierre View Post
Thanks for joining in! I tried to update these, but was having a hard time. When I was looking at firmware update PH98IMG.zip's, it looked like you need to relock to flash these up, then unlock again (both requiring usb). Is it possible to update hboot and radios without doing this?
also need to be s-off to do this....with broken usb though only possibility i would say is on pure stock youd have to do all the updates givin by them...including stock recovery as well...and relocked bootloader is required...im wondering if theres a way around this that can be possibly worked in somehow...this is a tight predicament with the phone having no usb function and s-on though
☢ LG G2 ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: NewBeta Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
☢ SGS Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: B14CKB1RD v2.2 beta Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC ReZound ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23 radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

yimpierre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
1I went back to an old ICS rom (CleanROM DE 1.4) and got the same issue. Everything works except no data. I thought I'd post an update, but it's not so pressing here: LG G2 is in the mail!