Post Reply

Is the s pen bad for the screen?

OP mjs2011

22nd February 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #1  
mjs2011's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,684
 
4,307 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Sorry for the noob question but I'm curious if there are any long term affects on the screen when using the S pen a lot.

This is my first Note so I'm not used to using a stylus with a tip.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
22nd February 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #2  
SantinoInc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 719
 
2,470 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
This pen was made to be used with the phone so I would say no. Also, all the marketing for this phone highlights all the features used in conjunction with the Spen. Now if you used some cheap knockoff you may have an issue

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to SantinoInc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #3  
Robert542's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 164
 
498 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Sorry for the noob question but I'm curious if there are any long term affects on the screen when using the S pen a lot.

This is my first Note so I'm not used to using a stylus with a tip.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The only problems you might run into is dirt on the screen. The s-pen could scratch the screen if the pen picks up the dirt then travels along the glass. A simple screen protector will prevent that from ever happening. Spigen makes glass protectors if you don't like the feel of the plastic ones.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th February 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #4  
mjs2011's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,684
 
4,307 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert542

The only problems you might run into is dirt on the screen. The s-pen could scratch the screen if the pen picks up the dirt then travels along the glass. A simple screen protector will prevent that from ever happening. Spigen makes glass protectors if you don't like the feel of the plastic ones.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks! Yeah I'm not a fan of plastic screen protectors, but I just ordered a glass one from Spigen. I'm curious if I'll like that better.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
26th February 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #5  
Robert542's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 164
 
498 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Thanks! Yeah I'm not a fan of plastic screen protectors, but I just ordered a glass one from Spigen. I'm curious if I'll like that better.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

It adds a little thickness but you only notice it around the home button. Spigen included a riser sticker for the home button but I actually prefer going without it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Robert542 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank