Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is the s pen bad for the screen?

Tip us?

mjs2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,680
Default Is the s pen bad for the screen?

Sorry for the noob question but I'm curious if there are any long term affects on the screen when using the S pen a lot.

This is my first Note so I'm not used to using a stylus with a tip.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

SantinoInc
Old
Thanks Meter 717
This pen was made to be used with the phone so I would say no. Also, all the marketing for this phone highlights all the features used in conjunction with the Spen. Now if you used some cheap knockoff you may have an issue

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2
The Following User Says Thank You to SantinoInc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robert542
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
Sorry for the noob question but I'm curious if there are any long term affects on the screen when using the S pen a lot.

This is my first Note so I'm not used to using a stylus with a tip.

Thanks!

The only problems you might run into is dirt on the screen. The s-pen could scratch the screen if the pen picks up the dirt then travels along the glass. A simple screen protector will prevent that from ever happening. Spigen makes glass protectors if you don't like the feel of the plastic ones.

mjs2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert542 View Post
The only problems you might run into is dirt on the screen. The s-pen could scratch the screen if the pen picks up the dirt then travels along the glass. A simple screen protector will prevent that from ever happening. Spigen makes glass protectors if you don't like the feel of the plastic ones.

Thanks! Yeah I'm not a fan of plastic screen protectors, but I just ordered a glass one from Spigen. I'm curious if I'll like that better.

Robert542
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
Thanks! Yeah I'm not a fan of plastic screen protectors, but I just ordered a glass one from Spigen. I'm curious if I'll like that better.

It adds a little thickness but you only notice it around the home button. Spigen included a riser sticker for the home button but I actually prefer going without it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Robert542 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]