[Q] L9 won't boot?

15th February 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
After I rooted my phone with LGPwn, I was attempting to set partitions on my sd card so that I would be able to use Link2SD. However, after I partitioned my phone, link2sd did not recognize my second partition, saying that it wasn't mounted, so I decided to reboot. After my phone shut off, It never turned back on. I have tried home, vol down, power, taken out battery, etc. When it is plugged into my pc, the computer seems to recognize it for a few seconds, and then disconnects. How do I fix this?
18th February 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #2  

7 posts
Have the same problem. Please HELP !
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pan1

After I rooted my phone with LGPwn, I was attempting to set partitions on my sd card so that I would be able to use Link2SD. However, after I partitioned my phone, link2sd did not recognize my second partition, saying that it wasn't mounted, so I decided to reboot. After my phone shut off, It never turned back on. I have tried home, vol down, power, taken out battery, etc. When it is plugged into my pc, the computer seems to recognize it for a few seconds, and then disconnects. How do I fix this?

I have the exact same problem. Was using an app to create an ext2 partittion on my SD card, to use Link2sd. Ended up formating my phone. Now it wont do anything, it does not turn on in any way. My computer recognizes the phone when I connect it ( had to install some drivers). Im able to boot into fastboot mode. Now my question is how do i fix my partions. I have tried the following comands and this is what I get.

C:\fastboot\yours>fastboot erase system
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 0.173s]
finished. total time: 0.176s

C:\fastboot\yours>fastboot erase recovery
erasing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: : partition doesn't exist)
finished. total time: 0.007s

C:\fastboot\yours>fastboot erase boot
erasing 'boot'...
finished. total time: 0.011s

C:\fastboot\yours>fastboot erase userdata
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 0.289s]
finished. total time: 0.292s

C:\fastboot\yours>fastboot erase splash
erasing 'splash'...
finished. total time: 0.007s

C:\fastboot\yours>fastboot erase cache
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.127s]
finished. total time: 0.130s

I guess my question is, what are the command to reformat and fix my partition . Please Help, This is my first brick.
18th February 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

84 posts
Simply try to restore it through LG official tool :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49&postcount=2
The Following User Says Thank You to OperationNT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #4  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationNT

Simply try to restore it through LG official tool :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49&postcount=2

I would.... but the thing is that to use the LG Software you need to put the phone in " S/W mode" and like I said before the phone does not turn on in any way (not even in S/W mode) because i formated the partitions. All I'm able to do is put on the phone in fastboot mode (the screen with the inverted LG logo, that says fastboot v5.0 on the top).

Thank for the suggestion though.
19th February 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #5  

84 posts
Are you sure ?
For example, if you remove the battery, then plug your phone in your computer USB without battery and finally maintain the Vol+ button while it's plugged, the device doesn't turn on in "S/W Upgrade" ?

I always thought "S/W Upgrade" mode was a very low level feature but maybe I am wrong.
Last edited by OperationNT; 19th February 2014 at 05:37 PM.
19th February 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #6  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationNT

Are you sure ?
For example, if you remove the battery, then plug your phone in your computer USB without battery and finally maintain the Vol+ button while it's plugged, the device doesn't turn on in "S/W Upgrade" ?

I always thought "S/W Upgrade" mode was a very low level feature but maybe I am wrong.

Nope, already tried it. I think I formatted the partition that had the img file for S/W Update .......
The only solution I have found is to boot into fastboot mode... All I need is the command or way to reformat or fix the partitions using fastboot.
24th February 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #7  

7 posts
Bump .. Found I guy who had the same problem and created a guide on how to fix it, here is a link http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/7...e-to-recovery/.... Now if we can just find a way to apply the same method to our LG L9, then maybe we could fix the phone.
24th February 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #8  

84 posts
I hope you can find a solution to your issue. But, while I was reading the solution for E730, I see one issue : when you extract KDZ files from P760 firmware, you only get ".bin" and ".fls" files.
I don't know how those files can be extracted again to get the real final files. I saw this issue with V20I_00.kdz, maybe you could try an older version such as V10A_00.kdz.

Good luck !

EDIT : Did you try this solution ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2612356
Last edited by OperationNT; 25th February 2014 at 05:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OperationNT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #9  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 14

48 posts
More
Try flashing ics x and u in fastboot. See if you're able to get a boot to s/w upgrade mode.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread