Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 41,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change my internal Mac Address

Tip us?

jjsplitter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Change my internal Mac Address

I have the Droid Razr HD 4.1.2, it is rooted but not unlocked. At my school they have jammed my mac address from being able to use my mobile hotspot. They have only jammed my hotspot not anyone else's. So using a different mac address should work, but all of the programs I use are not working. I have tried the Mac address ghost which turns off every time I turn on the hotspot no matter the settings unless the interface is something different than eth0 or wlan0. I have tried the terminal thing, but I keep getting errors saying it doesn't read the "ether" comand when writing ":busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55". So if anyone has any idea's that would be great.

AndroidGreg
Old
Thanks Meter 19
We need more info what you mean, do you mean that you cant connect to your schools wifi or your phone's hotspot app is being blocked, if it is the hotspot from your phone I am not 100% sure but I believe its a FCC violation and can actually be cause for major fines in the high thousands to low tens of thousands of dollars.

As for the school wifi, best idea is to just not use the school wifi as they are strictly monitored and depending on if you use a alternate app for texting (one that sends texts or calls over the internet) they can monitor anything you send through the server.
Rocking out on: VZ Note 3 Rooted, Safe Strap, NC2
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) Unlocked, collecting dust
Apple: iPod touch 5th gen iOS 7.1, gave up on that thing, not worth my time when i have a note
Computer: Late 2013 MBPr, 2.6 ghz i7, Nvidia GTX 750m 1TB SSD, 16GB Ram With dual boot for windows 8.1 pro