Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Life/Damage

Tip us?

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 920

DONATE TO ME
Well i guess its all a matter of opinion. Me and my wifes first smart phones were the htc incredible. I would never let mine die and the battery lasted fir 3 1/2 years. My wife would let hers die once or twice a month, and it lasted for 14 months before it needed a new battery. Got on her about not letting it die after we replaced the battery, much to my surprise she listened, and the replacement lasted for another 2 1/2 years. Both of our batteries actually still work today just not used to much anymore.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1131
I had the dinc2 and followed the same procedure he used and pretty much nuked a battery from doing that same procedure. In less than a year my battery was bad. To each their own but I still don't suggest running it all the way out.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

nrfitchett4
Old
Thanks Meter 522
even anker, who is is probably the biggest portable battery manufacturer recommends not letting their products get below 25% because it can reduce the lifespan of the pack. They state that keeping it between 25-75% is ideal.

twelvefiftyone
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Interesting article, thanks for sharing OP.

I also leave my phone plugged in while sitting at my desk and let it charge up. Typically I plug into my laptop via usb while at work, once fully charged it shows 'fully charged' and switches the led status light to green.

I try to never let it die either but have to travel for work and do get very low on occasion, once I get down to 10% I typically just shut to phone off to preserve power while I am flying and avoid turning it back on again til I can get it on a charger.

danprichet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery Life

I'm new to this phone,so I'm not entirely sure how the battery life is ... but I heard a while ago that you get the best battery life out of phones when you only plug them in to charge when they are completely dead. I don't do it often enough to see a difference, but has anybody else done it?

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1131
You probably get a much more consistent charge while it is dead/powered off. The only problem there is does letting your phone die occasionally ruin your battery or not?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

jpradley
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by danprichet View Post
... I heard a while ago that you get the best battery life out of phones when you only plug them in to charge when they are completely dead. ...
Did you not read the first message in this thread. wherein it says:

To get the most out of a lithium-ion battery, you should try to keep it north of 50 percent as much as possible.

and

Never go to zero.

danprichet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Alright, alright - I was merely saying I'd heard a theory stating otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpradley View Post
Did you not read the first message in this thread. wherein it says:

To get the most out of a lithium-ion battery, you should try to keep it north of 50 percent as much as possible.

and

Never go to zero.

merlin66676
Old
Thanks Meter 56
My laptop, which is a Lenovo, has 2 settings. Best battery health and best battery life. Best health keeps the battery charged to between 50-60 percent and then stops the charge. Best life goes up to 100.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app
HTC Droid DNA
ROM: Whatever's cooking that looks tasty
Kernel: Like KFC the best but Popeyes is Ok also
Radio: Sirius or FM, no AM talk radio here.