5,597,647 Members 33,815 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z1 is dead after relocking

Tip us?
 
Hani88
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: aleppo
Unhappy Xperia Z1 is dead after relocking

Hello
I have Xperia z1 4.3 unlocked bootloader stock kernel rooted with cwm recovery, I wanted to relock it again to be able to get ota updates,so I used xperia flashtool by pressing the BLU button then relock button in flashmode.. after that the flashtool said that relock finished.. but now my phone is totally dead just vibrate without anything on screen, not even the sony logo and when I connect the charger a red led notification light keep blinking.. pls urgent help
 
Linux4ever85
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 26
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hani88 View Post
Hello
I have Xperia z1 4.3 unlocked bootloader stock kernel rooted with cwm recovery, I wanted to relock it again to be able to get ota updates,so I used xperia flashtool by pressing the BLU button then relock button in flashmode.. after that the flashtool said that relock finished.. but now my phone is totally dead just vibrate without anything on screen, not even the sony logo and when I connect the charger a red led notification light keep blinking.. pls urgent help
Did you put your TA backup back onto the phone before relocking?
The Following User Says Thank You to Linux4ever85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Hani88
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: aleppo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux4ever85 View Post
Did you put your TA backup back onto the phone before relocking?
No I don't have TA backup .. I unlocked my bootloader without making TA backup
 
Hani88
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: aleppo
Default PC companion solution maybe !!

Now I'm trying to repair my phone by Sony PC companion, it's downloading the software update now.. hope that this is a good solution.. I can stop if not because it needs 2 hours and more to complete, because of my slow connection...
 
Seansmit17
Old
#5  
Seansmit17's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 404
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mold, North Wales, UK

 
DONATE TO ME
It should work fine after you use PC Companion.

It wont boot as your using a non Sony kernel (has recovery). If you flashed a stock, non modified kernel before you locked your boot loader it would be fine.

If for some reason PC Companion cant fix it, just unlock the bootloader again and flash a stock kernel thats not been modified and then relock your bootloader and it should work fine.
SE X10 > HTC Desire HD > HTC Wildfire S > SE Arc > SE Xperia Mini Pro > Sony Xperia S > Sony Xperia T > Sony Xperia Z > HTC Desire C > Huawei Y300 > Sony Xperia Z1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seansmit17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Hani88
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: aleppo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seansmit17 View Post
It should work fine after you use PC Companion.

It wont boot as your using a non Sony kernel (has recovery). If you flashed a stock, non modified kernel before you locked your boot loader it would be fine.

If for some reason PC Companion cant fix it, just unlock the bootloader again and flash a stock kernel thats not been modified and then relock your bootloader and it should work fine.
thnx man I did that.. after updating the phone totally dead !! not even vibrate or led blinking while charging !! .. but after 5 mins I tried to run it again and it works perfectly
thnx for your time all
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more