Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

new phone from tmobile with 4.3 already installed need help downgrading

Tip us?

okay22s
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default new phone from tmobile with 4.3 already installed need help downgrading

just got another galaxy s4 from tmobile and im trying to downgrade back to mdl instead of mk2 i already tried to odin but it keeps falling now im stuck at the keis upgrade screen

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 695
The only way you can downgrade is to flash a ROM in custom recovery.. Why would you want to downgrade?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

okay22s
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
well i was told that if i didnt i would have to deal with all the knox crap but as i stated right now im stuck at a screen that says firmware upgrade encountered an issue with a phone icon with a yellow triangle in the middle with a computer on the other end is there anyway to boot from this screen

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 695
Try to Odin 4.3.. There's no way to downgrade it without tripping the warranty counter. And fyi you can just flash a custom 4.3 ROM, no Knox

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Mr_Jay_jay
Old
(Last edited by Mr_Jay_jay; 26th February 2014 at 03:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Here's the deal with ur new phone..

1.- as stated before u cant downgrade, Samsung or Google Made the 4.3 so U cant Downgrade even thru Odin. (well u can but you won't get Rid of Knox counter and U will need to "void" your warranty by flashing a different version of android)

2.- You can still Root your phone without triggering Ur Knox Counter which since u are already have since you're on 4.3 and u cant get rid of it.. Just use CT-Root, debloat the phone and install whatever Root apps u enjoy (this is my current state since I too Had to exchange my phone)

3.- If you do decide to root your phone, only way to trigger the Knox counter is by installing a Custom recovery and Flashing anything thru it.

at this point it all depends on what u want to do with your phone, stay on Pure NOT ROOTED stock or Rooted Stock with no recovery or just go all out and root install recovery and trigger your Knox counter "loosing" ur warranty
Current Device: The Awesome Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: all of them
Old devices: Samsung Galaxy S3
Sprint Epic 4G-Gave it away
Samsung Intercept Hard Bricked !