XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sch-i605 verizon 4.3

Tip us?

vafangool
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sch-i605 verizon 4.3

Hey everyone, I am new to rooting but I have been all over t)his site learning about it. I currently have a verizon note 2 running 4.3 that I took OTA, with a vruemj9 build. I see that I can root the phone with safe root but it won't unlock the boot loader? So that means I can't install CWM or any custom Roms or kernels? Isn't that the best thing about rooting phones? Is there any way around this? Can I roll back to something before the 4.3 since I took it OTA? And than be able to root my phone? Thanks in advance guys. Any help would be appreciated

vafangool
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
Hey everyone, I am new to rooting but I have been all over t)his site learning about it. I currently have a verizon note 2 running 4.3 that I took OTA, with a vruemj9 build. I see that I can root the phone with safe root but it won't unlock the boot loader? So that means I can't install CWM or any custom Roms or kernels? Isn't that the best thing about rooting phones? Is there any way around this? Can I roll back to something before the 4.3 since I took it OTA? And than be able to root my phone? Thanks in advance guys. Any help would be appreciated
Well I just read and saw that I can't undo the OTA 4.3 update. So I guess I'll just have to use the safe root and hope for the bootloader to get unlocked. I knew I should have done this a long time ago . Has anyone seen that galaxynote2root Something about downloading root injected firmware?