Snusmumriken
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFritz View Post
My delivery date says 11 Feb 2014

But I'm in Australia
Ordered on the 30th
Hello again, did you receive the tablet on the 11th? Would love to hear some first impressions. I am in particular interested in finding out how the cover works as a stand and if you can have it standing both horizontally and in portrait.

Thanks

gaetanolip
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven View Post
Very few devices can. Most USB Hubs cannot backfeed power, so you cannot use USB host adapters to a powered USB hub to charge the tablet most of the time, regardless of if it actually supports charging while in host mode, there is a raspberry pi compatibility list which lists a few hubs which can or cannot backfeed power (the pi can be backpowered via its USB host ports but this is not recommended and can conflict with other inputs). Most tablets though require the D+ and D- wires in the USB connector to be shorted together to enter charging mode, otherwise they will only trickle charge (or not at all), with D+ and D- shorted you cannot transmit data. Turns it into a case of data or power only.

Frankly, you want the desktop experience, yet are purchasing something running 32 bit windows on an intel atom wih 2gb of RAM and either 32 or 64gb of eMMC storage. I think an i5 device would probably be more up your street, most of them have separate power supplies and USB host ports.
Are you sure? Other lenovo 8 tab can be powered with USB hub and lenovo charger hooked up to it..so you can charge and use USB dongles at same time ..check tablet pc review forum.i hope we can do che same thing with thinkpad 8..

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetanolip View Post
Are you sure? Other lenovo 8 tab can be powered with USB hub and lenovo charger hooked up to it..so you can charge and use USB dongles at same time ..check tablet pc review forum.i hope we can do che same thing with thinkpad 8..

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
If you are referring to the thinkpad 2 10" tablet, that used a microUSB for charging and had a seperate full size USB host port (the micro USB was not host capable). The dell venue and lenovo thinkpad 8 both use microUSB for combined charge and host.

If the power and USB host ports are seperate then there is no issue. The issue arises when its a combined port which is what most of the atom tablets are opting for.

gaetanolip
Old
(Last edited by gaetanolip; 14th February 2014 at 11:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
If you are referring to the thinkpad 2 10" tablet, that used a microUSB for charging and had a seperate full size USB host port (the micro USB was not host capable). The dell venue and lenovo thinkpad 8 both use microUSB for combined charge and host.

If the power and USB host ports are seperate then there is no issue. The issue arises when its a combined port which is what most of the atom tablets are opting for.
no.
i am referringto thi http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/leno...e-8-pro-7.html

i hope it will be the same with thinnkpad 8

Evel dell 8 can charge and read a usb pheriperal at the same time , but i needs a mod with the hub..

Please don't do misinformation

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetanolip View Post
no.
i am referringto thi http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/leno...e-8-pro-7.html

i hope it will be the same with thinnkpad 8

Evel dell 8 can charge and read a usb pheriperal at the same time , but i needs a mod with the hub..

Please don't do misinformation
Needs an internal mod to trickle charge at a mere 100mA. I already said it will only trickle charge.

gaetanolip
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Needs an internal mod to trickle charge at a mere 100mA. I already said it will only trickle charge.
Lenovo Miix2 does not need usb hub mod and you can charge and use usb dongles at the same time

dell venue does need usb hub mod and you can charge and use usb dongles at the same time

that's it

NickFritz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Your order is now on its way to you.

Expected delivery 21st

There was a delay.

NickFritz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Played with mine on the weekend.

The cover works as a stand pretty well. As long as the surface inst too slippery you can put the stand on slightly different angles too.

It also is strong enough to work on vertical too.

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFritz View Post
Played with mine on the weekend.

The cover works as a stand pretty well. As long as the surface inst too slippery you can put the stand on slightly different angles too.

It also is strong enough to work on vertical too.
What do you use it for? I'm considering selling my 8 inch LG G Pad for an 8 inch Windows 8 tab. I'm contemplating this or a refurbished Surface Pro for about the same price. Just wondering if Bay Trail is really a lot better than Clover trail. I had a ThinkPad Tablet 2 and it was God awful.

vipfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I got mine on the 11th. It's been fun ever since. I can't believe I like Win 8 as much as I do. I'm still looking for a BT keyboard and a case... Like always it's slim pickins...
Apex Launcher and Folder Organizer!

64GB card format must be FAT32