5,605,250 Members 39,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from st-tps: An Application for the Samsung Galaxy Gear that letŽs you send Text Templates to anyone.

[APP][SMS] NativeSMS v0.2b - Favourites added - GEAR EXCLUSIVE!

Tip us?

Houpty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How do you sync the Google account to Native SMS? I'm on a non-rooted gear, but have installed Fleksy for a keyboard.

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Will this only work on selected samsung phone or my sony z ultra which I have workng with gear manager.
Device 1 Nokia lumina 1520 yellow 32gb stock
Device 2 Samsung galaxy note 2 4.3 stock N7100 16gb
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken evasion)
Device 4 Samsung galaxy gear stock rom sideloaded apps & (sony z ultra GPE)
Device 5 Ipod nano 16gb silver

st-tps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houpty View Post
How do you sync the Google account to Native SMS? I'm on a non-rooted gear, but have installed Fleksy for a keyboard.
Not possible. You need Internet on the Gear to sync, and that's only possible if you run null_
But if you have a working keyboard I assume you could add your favorites manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutley View Post
Will this only work on selected samsung phone or my sony z ultra which I have workng with gear manager.
Can you answer to incoming sms with the notifications app?
If yes, it will probably work.
Gear owners! Download my widgets: NotiCounter Widget and NotiList Widget - Galaxy Gear Exclusives!
For a complete compilation of my Gear Exclusive Apps, check out my External Site.

If you like it and find 'em useful, IŽll gladly recieve a little something

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by st-tps View Post
Not possible. You need Internet on the Gear to sync, and that's only possible if you run null_
But if you have a working keyboard I assume you could add your favorites manually.

Can you answer to incoming sms with the notifications app?
If yes, it will probably work.
that i cant do still looking into it atn manager worked once and then stopped working could not get it to work again.
Device 1 Nokia lumina 1520 yellow 32gb stock
Device 2 Samsung galaxy note 2 4.3 stock N7100 16gb
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken evasion)
Device 4 Samsung galaxy gear stock rom sideloaded apps & (sony z ultra GPE)
Device 5 Ipod nano 16gb silver

Chilopo Gepetritis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How do I sync google account?

Every time I try to "add an account" my google account to my gear. I get an error message and it closes before I can input my google account. I have rooted my gear with NULL and I have WonderShare to add all the apps I want. But I can't add an account to my gear. Anyone had this problem also?

st-tps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilopo Gepetritis View Post
Every time I try to "add an account" my google account to my gear. I get an error message and it closes before I can input my google account. I have rooted my gear with NULL and I have WonderShare to add all the apps I want. But I can't add an account to my gear. Anyone had this problem also?
You have to enable BT Tether before adding an account. So you have Internet on the gear.
Gear owners! Download my widgets: NotiCounter Widget and NotiList Widget - Galaxy Gear Exclusives!
For a complete compilation of my Gear Exclusive Apps, check out my External Site.

Chilopo Gepetritis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You have to enable BT Tether before adding an account. So you have Internet on the gear.
I actually do have bt tethering on and internet active on my Gear. But what happens is that when I go to add and account and it asked to use existing account or new account, either choice I make it closes the app and gives me the "Unspected error happend and needs to close" error. So its more like a bug that keeps closing the google account adder before I can enter my account info. It might just be a bug on my gear and maybe re-rooting and reinstalling NULL on it can fix it. But I rather not go through that process just to add my google account to my Gear.

st-tps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
I actually do have bt tethering on and internet active on my Gear. But what happens is that when I go to add and account and it asked to use existing account or new account, either choice I make it closes the app and gives me the "Unspected error happend and needs to close" error. So its more like a bug that keeps closing the google account adder before I can enter my account info. It might just be a bug on my gear and maybe re-rooting and reinstalling NULL on it can fix it. But I rather not go through that process just to add my google account to my Gear.
Well then I don't know, haven't had that issue myself.
Try ask the same question in the null_ FAQ-thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588143

The Following User Says Thank You to st-tps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flouflou
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Info 2 :confused:

Maybe I misunderstood the operation of this app, but you can do the same by slipping into the list of contacts on the contact you want to send the message.
Am I wrong?
Or maybe it comes from a recent update?
Sorry for bad english...

shpitz461
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Quote:
Did you enable tethering on both the phone AND watch?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bt_tether.png
Views:	185
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	2661668