[Q] Cannot get ADB to detect TF701T.

OP tom_mai78101

24th February 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
I'm using Windows 7 x64 work computer. The only device ADB can recognize is my HTC Desire S phone. However, when I tried to get ADB to detect my Asus Transformer Pad, it fails to do so.

The Asus Transformer Pad TF701T is not rooted. I have no plans to root/unlock the tablet, other than to try and get the Chrome for Android to always "request Desktop site." I'm just trying to do this: http://droidnerds.com/content/how-to...e-for-android/
  • I have USB Debugging checked and turned on.
  • I already have Android SDK installed with all components updated to the latest.
  • I have tried using MTP to see if ADB detects it. Fails.
  • I have tried using PTP to see if ADB detects it. Fails also.
  • Plugged the USB cord into MobileDock keyboard, that fails too.
  • I went ahead and update/reinstall Google USB drivers. That failed.
  • I uninstall the drivers, reboot, reinstall Google USB drivers. Failed.
  • Tried to find TF300 series universal USB drivers, nothing works from that thread.
  • Also tried the Asus PC sync, but notices those are for TF300 Eee PC, therefore I ignored it.

Is there something I amiss?
24th February 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

38 posts
Yes, there is something amiss.

Replugging the device, with USB debugging off, then USB debugging on, the tablet displays a prompt asking me about USB debugging and its risks. Completing the prompt is what gets the device to be detected by ADB!

Well, so much time wasted on this simple task.
26th February 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 40

486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_mai78101

Yes, there is something amiss.

Replugging the device, with USB debugging off, then USB debugging on, the tablet displays a prompt asking me about USB debugging and its risks. Completing the prompt is what gets the device to be detected by ADB!

Well, so much time wasted on this simple task.

Glad you got it sorted out. There is one more thing that could help under those circumstances: Change the USB connection type to camera and back to MTP while connecting / disconnecting the USB cable in each state. That got me going, because somehow the USB driver wasn't able to kick in accordingly (both Win7 and Win8 64bit).
26th February 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

38 posts
There should be a troubleshooting manual included with the tablet, as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for the tips.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, asus, chrome, devices, tf701t
Previous Thread Next Thread