Tip us?

jian278
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Android 4.2.2 JB Downgrade to 2.3.6 GB for Galaxy Wonder GT-I8150

Hi All,

Good Day!

I have an upgraded Android 4.2.2 for my Samsung Galaxy Wonder GT-I8150 but somehow I just don't like the way the battery drains faster. I would like to revert back the changes I did, I want to downgrade back to 2.3.6 Gingerbread.

I used Odin when I upgraded my phone to 4.2.2 and just followed the tutorial in the internet sites and downloaded the necessary files to upgrade.

Now I am currently looking for the tar file for 2.3.6 but for now I have no luck because the hotfile site was already shutdown. But I am still hoping to find one.

Here are my questions:

1. Is the procedure of downgrading is the same with Upgrading?
2. If ever I could not able to find the tar file or the image for 2.3.6, is it possible to use the image that I backed up when I was upgrading to 4.2.2? If so, Can you give me the details or procedures on how to do it please?

Any replies are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

alfatoni
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jian278 View Post
Hi All,

Good Day!

I have an upgraded Android 4.2.2 for my Samsung Galaxy Wonder GT-I8150 but somehow I just don't like the way the battery drains faster. I would like to revert back the changes I did, I want to downgrade back to 2.3.6 Gingerbread.

I used Odin when I upgraded my phone to 4.2.2 and just followed the tutorial in the internet sites and downloaded the necessary files to upgrade.

Now I am currently looking for the tar file for 2.3.6 but for now I have no luck because the hotfile site was already shutdown. But I am still hoping to find one.

Here are my questions:

2. If ever I could not able to find the tar file or the image for 2.3.6, is it possible to use the image that I backed up when I was upgrading to 4.2.2? If so, Can you give me the details or procedures on how to do it please?

Thank you.
follow this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1654643
The Following User Says Thank You to alfatoni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jian278
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfatoni View Post
Thank you

jian278
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfatoni View Post
I just have a problem on that thread, I can't able to post a reply due to the reason "New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums."

I would like to request to them to have a mirror for the stock ROM for Philippines since Hotfile is not hosting anymore.

dec0der
Old
Thanks Meter 442
Quote:
Hi All,

Good Day!

Here are my questions:

Thank you.

What you mean is to flash back to samsung's stock ROM which is gingerbread 2.3.6? If that so, read the following thread for information:

[HowTo] Flash a firmware with ODIN on Samsung Galaxy W(I8150)

Samsung Galaxy W Stock Firmwares

Note: Before flashing stock firmware, be sure to do clean installation (pristine)
Phone : Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150 @I8150DXLM2_SMART
ROM : [ROM][KK][4.4.2][KVT49L] CyanogenMod 11.0 b-20140413 (UNOFFICIAL)
Kernel ​: Stock @ Interactive-BFQ / 386-1024MHz
Recovery : ClockworkMod v6.0.4.5
Mod/ Tweak : Nova Launcher, Performance Control, Greenify *ROOT*, JellyToast, Pictures2SD, Recent Tasks RAM, NoSafeVolumeWarning

[THEMED/ CUSTOM][CM11]MMS.APK w/ Speech bubbles, Holo, Emoji, Inverted

jian278
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec0der View Post
What you mean is to flash back to samsung's stock ROM which is gingerbread 2.3.6? If that so, read the following thread for information:

[HowTo] Flash a firmware with ODIN on Samsung Galaxy W(I8150)

Samsung Galaxy W Stock Firmwares

Note: Before flashing stock firmware, be sure to do clean installation (pristine)
Thanks a lot.

Regarding your "Note", what do you mean for clean installation? Do you mean that I need to wipe data, factory reset and cache? Sorry for asking just want to make sure..

dec0der
Old
Thanks Meter 442
Quote:
Thanks a lot.

Regarding your "Note", what do you mean for clean installation? Do you mean that I need to wipe data, factory reset and cache? Sorry for asking just want to make sure..
Yes, boot to recovery (CWM) then wipe data / factory reset, go to "mounts & storage" and format /system, format /sdcard0 (internal storage) then turn off your phone and flash stock firmware via odin.
Phone : Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150 @I8150DXLM2_SMART
ROM : [ROM][KK][4.4.2][KVT49L] CyanogenMod 11.0 b-20140413 (UNOFFICIAL)
Kernel ​: Stock @ Interactive-BFQ / 386-1024MHz
Recovery : ClockworkMod v6.0.4.5
Mod/ Tweak : Nova Launcher, Performance Control, Greenify *ROOT*, JellyToast, Pictures2SD, Recent Tasks RAM, NoSafeVolumeWarning

[THEMED/ CUSTOM][CM11]MMS.APK w/ Speech bubbles, Holo, Emoji, Inverted
The Following User Says Thank You to dec0der For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jian278
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec0der View Post
Yes, boot to recovery (CWM) then wipe data / factory reset, go to "mounts & storage" and format /system, format /sdcard0 (internal storage) then turn off your phone and flash stock firmware via odin.
Ok thank you so much.

I will get back to you tomorrow to let you know what happened. I just can't download the ROM in the link you have provided for now as it is saying that I already have reached my daily download for the day. I want to download it for free and not premium

Corbu78
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Sammobile

Quote:
Ok thank you so much.

I will get back to you tomorrow to let you know what happened. I just can't download the ROM in the link you have provided for now as it is saying that I already have reached my daily download for the day. I want to download it for free and not premium
Hi Sir...you can alwaus go to Sammobile and download your stock rom