Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 41,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Proximity Sensor Error?

Tip us?

Tsukihi
Old
(Last edited by Tsukihi; 26th February 2014 at 06:45 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Proximity Sensor Error?

Whenever I make or receive a call, the screen shows the "incoming" or "outgoing" screen for a second, then the screen turns off.
Upon turning it back on, it turns back off after about half a second and won't turn back on, I tried pressing power and home button, putting my finger over the non-physical buttons at the bottom and applying pressure along the edge of the phone.

This is a major flaw since when I'm making a call and they don't pick up, it stays on the "please leave a message" portion of the call and I am forced to shut the phone off just to continue using it. The same happens when I get an incoming call. The accept and reject buttons don't appear so I have to wait until it rings to call them back. What is the point of I can't simply make calls on a smartphone?

I have already disabled the proximity sensor via the call settings, but it didn't make any difference.

This is very frustrating when I have to make many calls.

tdamocles
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukihi View Post
Whenever I make or receive a call, the screen shows the "incoming" or "outgoing" screen for a second, then the screen turns off.
Upon turning it back on, it turns back off after about half a second and won't turn back on, I tried pressing power and home button, putting my finger over the non-physical buttons at the bottom and applying pressure along the edge of the phone.

This is a major flaw since when I'm making a call and they don't pick up, it stays on the "please leave a message" portion of the call and I am forced to shut the phone off just to continue using it. The same happens when I get an incoming call. The accept and reject buttons don't appear so I have to wait until it rings to call them back. What is the point of I can't simply make calls on a smartphone?

I have already disabled the proximity sensor via the call settings, but it didn't make any difference.

This is very frustrating when I have to make many calls.
Do you have a case on it? The case might be blocking the sensor.. Also, sometimes an app causes problems with the sensor.

Sent from my ME302C using Tapatalk