[ROOT]Xperia Z1 Touch Screen Tweak
Since there's no thread about fixing this here in Z1's forum, I'd make one with possible fix on the crazy touch screen problem.
As far as I know, this is a firmware-related problem, and can be fixed by tweaking down the touch screen sensitivity. You'll need
to be rooted to use this modification. Always remember, try at your own risk, and don't forget to hit thanks button if I helped!!
1. Take a backup with CWM or TWRP.
2. Use any root explorer that you like, and navigate to /system/usr/idc/.
3. Copy the file "clearpad.idc" to somewhere else, like the SDcard storage for editing.
4. Open up the file with Jota+ or the text editor of your choice, and find the line "touch.filter.level". By default it would be 2, but
here I would suggest a value of either 5 or 6 for lowered sensitivity.
5.Save the file and then mount /system as writable.
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
6. Paste the modified clearpad.idc back to /system/usr/idc/ and set correct permissions.
cp clearpad.idc /system/usr/idc/ && chmod 644 /system/usr/idc/clearpad.idc
7. Remount /system as read-only and reboot.
mount -o remount,ro /system /system && reboot
Well, this worked for me, and as I know there are lots of people out there irritated by this problem, this should provide a proper
method for restoring the functionality for their Z1's. Now a greasy screen and slight moisture would not upset the touch screen unlike before.
p.s. I'm on NUT's .290 with C6903. This should also work for other models and Android versions.
If this worked for you, then please kindly click on the THANKS button down below <3