Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Freezing/bootloop even after stock RUU

25th February 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello,

I'm running out of ideas to solve my problem with my Sensation, maybe you can help. I was on my beloved ViperS5 ROM and it crashed while browsing due to memory overload or something. After several boot attempts and removing the battery I managed at least to get into bootloader/recovery (ended up with a black screen or freeze 8/10 times). Reinstalled the ROM and it kept crashing at the configuration screen, resulting in a boot loop. So I tried a few other ROM's, exactly the same results.

My last hope was going back to stock using RUU, same problem at the configuration screen, but I managed to boot after few reboots. The phone still crashes after few minutes, when I try to start any app, resulting in a boot loop/black screen/HTC logo freeze. (tried to remove the SD card, it didn't help)

Any ideas how to fix this?
25th February 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,080

6,990 posts
More
did you leave the device switched off for a long time?
if not do it and then try to switch it on
probably it is still overheated when you are trying to boot it
leave it for 10-15 minutes
best wishes
25th February 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Maybe it's really damaged from overheat, cause it even crashed in recovery once, so I guess I'm ****ed. I will try to leave it switched off for a few hours, but I doubt it will help. Thanks so far.
26th February 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Now I get random crashes even in recovery (4EXT, also tried TWRP), I managed to install some custom ROM's, but can't even boot properly after flashing (keeps freezing or restarting in the boot process). My Sensation is JuopunutBear S-OFF, had no problems with flashing ROM's before that. So I guess it is a hardware failure.
26th February 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 707

2,578 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgntz

Now I get random crashes even in recovery (4EXT, also tried TWRP), I managed to install some custom ROM's, but can't even boot properly after flashing (keeps freezing or restarting in the boot process). My Sensation is JuopunutBear S-OFF, had no problems with flashing ROM's before that. So I guess it is a hardware failure.

If memory serves correctly you should be able to get a logcat from the phone while its in recovery. it might shed come light on what is producing the failures, but its definitely sounding like a hardware failure. Were you overclocked?
26th February 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
How do I get a logcat?

I'm able to stay in recovery for enough time to wipe data, then it randomly crashes or when I try to flash a rom (-> black screen, remove battery to get it back on).

I couldn't even install stock RUU at the first attempt - freezing the whole installation process. No overclocking, also tried the original battery (bought a new one), with/without sdcard/sim -> still crashing.

Edit: Ok, there's a guide for logcat on xda. I will post results after work as soon as I get back home .
Last edited by frgntz; 26th February 2014 at 01:12 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread