Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 52,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost Verizon 4G LTE on CM 11

Tip us?
 
leviathangod
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2013
Unhappy Lost Verizon 4G LTE on CM 11

Hello, I've been on CM 11 nightlies for the past few months and everything has been great but the last few days I'd had a little "R" above my signal status and it's been cuttting in and out. So I tried the *228 and it went through a programming sequence and finished. This seemed to change nothing so I returned to stock and fully updated. I now have no "R" over my signal status but I can no longer get 4G. I tried switching network mode,and disabling and reenabling moblile data. Please help
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 490
Posts: 2,411
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathangod View Post
Hello, I've been on CM 11 nightlies for the past few months and everything has been great but the last few days I'd had a little "R" above my signal status and it's been cuttting in and out. So I tried the *228 and it went through a programming sequence and finished. This seemed to change nothing so I returned to stock and fully updated. I now have no "R" over my signal status but I can no longer get 4G. I tried switching network mode,and disabling and reenabling moblile data. Please help
*228 is not used on 4g phones.
How did you restore to stock?
A data wipe before rsd, from recovery ensures a clean modem.
See my sigi, my restore & ...4g link.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
 
leviathangod
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
*228 is not used on 4g phones.
How did you restore to stock?
A data wipe before rsd, from recovery ensures a clean modem.
See my sigi, my restore & ...4g link.
I used the Droid Razr HD Utility 1.34 to restore factory restore and then ran it to flash 4.1.2 Stock System, Kernel, and Radio (Data Wipe). This still did not give me 4G service.
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 490
Posts: 2,411
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathangod View Post
I used the Droid Razr HD Utility 1.34 to restore factory restore and then ran it to flash 4.1.2 Stock System, Kernel, and Radio (Data Wipe). This still did not give me 4G service.
You must not have not wiped data 1st.
Or left out a partition.
Do all steps.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2346623

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Advanced / select radio band. Do not use!

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Use this instead http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=71
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
 
leviathangod
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
You must not have not wiped data 1st.
Or left out a partition.
Do all steps.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2346623

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Advanced / select radio band. Do not use!

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Use this instead http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=71
I tried wiping data through the stock recovery and then chose option 1 on the droid utility 1.34 again to flash stock ROM, radio and data wipe again. I still cannot get 4G. I also tried to see if I could go through RSD and flash a stock xml file but every time I tried it failed and came up with a "getvar" error. I then tried to delete the lines in the xml file that had "getvar" in it as some suggested but this did not work either. It just came up with an additional error. I was looking at another post that said I may have screwed up my SIM card by dialing *228, so I called Verizon and have them sending me another SD card. Hopefully this fixes it.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes