Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC GPE - Remap Home Button..?

Tip us?

Jigjags
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] HTC GPE - Remap Home Button..?

Hi...looking for help as I can`t find a resolution to this ...I have connverted my HTC one to a GPE running 4.4.2 just cos i wanted to try it.

is there any way of remapping the home/back buttons as you can in the stock sense ROM so that long press home is Menu swipe up for Google Now etc...

can`t see it anywhere in the options and hate seeing the ... menu button taking up scren space in applications.

Thanks

Rick
If I Helped you ...Just click Thanks .

KeiranSolaris
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigjags View Post
Hi...looking for help as I can`t find a resolution to this ...I have connverted my HTC one to a GPE running 4.4.2 just cos i wanted to try it.

is there any way of remapping the home/back buttons as you can in the stock sense ROM so that long press home is Menu swipe up for Google Now etc...

can`t see it anywhere in the options and hate seeing the ... menu button taking up scren space in applications.

Thanks

Rick
You could try TeamSeven's kernel. It has options to make the HTC logo into a menu button and offers some swap options as well.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2307371

I'm running it on a GPE rom without issue.
Phone: HTC One
Rom: Google Play Edition
Kernel: ElementX
The Following User Says Thank You to KeiranSolaris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]