Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Jackalope update stops Mod Collection?! Help?

OP dmn1981

9th February 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #11  
Santa Clara, CA
Thanks Meter: 7

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla

Thanks for your guide - I downloaded it and when it said it would restart and install, it went into CWM recovery, and I can't read the log as it's off the screen (is this because of overscan?) Do I have to revert back to stock recovery before it will install?

no try adjusting it on your tv or monitor and use a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse. You do not have to change anything just follow the steps
9th February 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #12  
Flag Melbourne, Australia
Thanks Meter: 225

1,706 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmchelper

no try adjusting it on your tv or monitor and use a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse. You do not have to change anything just follow the steps

Managed to get it into recovery and installed it from a zip file instead, from here
26th February 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #13  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 6

36 posts
More
Info 2 did the update fine with root intact using CWM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla

Thanks for your guide - I downloaded it and when it said it would restart and install, it went into CWM recovery, and I can't read the log as it's off the screen (is this because of overscan?) Do I have to revert back to stock recovery before it will install?

Ok so I did this the ghetto way and it worked for me.

Saw the update trying to update let it do its thing then press ok. Reboots into CWM 6.0.3.2 then let it go through untill it states the firmware is not md5 matched of something like that, then I go to top screen and scroll down to Yes Install Zip. Presto takes it boots into Jackalope with the changelog on first screen. I am still rooted and all my apps intact. Only thing I had to reinstall was [MOD][XPOSED]Mod Collection For Ouya(Play Store, Moga Controller Emu) (11202013) for CWM to reinstall because I was getting a this exclamation mark in red! when I loaded back to CWM, lost custome recovery. Once installed CWM I rechecked root was still good I have all my apps intact and no need to wipe and start all over. Have not checked for side load games has I have not hooked this up yet, but my apps work. Hope this helps others save time. Once I updated did full backup again.

don't know what the big deal to start from scratch at least for this update?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread