Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][MT6572] No mobile signal since SP Flash tools format

Tip us?

am05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q][MT6572] No mobile signal since SP Flash tools format

Hey all

I have an iPhone 5s clone MT6572.

I think I've screwed up my phone. I performed a format with SP Flash tools and flashed a new rom. Stupidly I didn't take a backup of my IMEI number or a proper backup of my rom! . Luckily I found a CWM backup of my MP0B_001 file in my NVRAM folder and have managed to get my IMEI number back!

I have a problem though, I cannot get a mobile network signal but I CAN detect the sim card. It detects the network name and my mobile number but not a signal. Please see the attached image.

I have no idea on what to do next, I'm prepared to Paypal the person who sorts this for me as I've been trying to fix this for weeks now

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-26-13-20-42.png
Views:	433
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	2601631  

superdragonpt
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 4,897

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by am05 View Post
Hey all

I have an iPhone 5s clone MT6572.

I think I've screwed up my phone. I performed a format with SP Flash tools and flashed a new rom. Stupidly I didn't take a backup of my IMEI number or a proper backup of my rom! . Luckily I found a CWM backup of my MP0B_001 file in my NVRAM folder and have managed to get my IMEI number back!

I have a problem though, I cannot get a mobile network signal but I CAN detect the sim card. It detects the network name and my mobile number but not a signal. Please see the attached image.

I have no idea on what to do next, I'm prepared to Paypal the person who sorts this for me as I've been trying to fix this for weeks now

Thanks!

Did you tried other modems ?
(located on /system/firmware/)

Regards

am05
Old
(Last edited by am05; 26th February 2014 at 04:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt View Post
Did you tried other modems ?
(located on /system/firmware/)

Regards
I've tried the modem image file from my stock ROM (my half arsed backup via cwm, it doesn't restore) but still have the same problem. What did confuse me was is wasn't called modem.img it was modem_lotsofcharacters.img instead. Is that normal ? I have a modem in my firmware folder but not a "modem.img"

I'll try and search for MT6572 modems and give it a go, I take it I need the modem.img.

Cheers.