5,594,609 Members 32,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why some Z1 models can not unlock the bootloader?

Tip us?

Don_Perrignon
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Locked sim can be unlocked as long as you didn't screw up past the number of attempts. Whether that means you get your unlock (SIM) from your carrier, Sony (not sure), or some (trusted) third party website.
Phone History

Samsung C225, Samsung T309, Nokia (¿Something?),
HTC Dash 3G, Nokia E73,
HTC MyTouch 4G, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Sony Xperia Z1s (current)

Tablet History

Nexus 7 2013 (current)
The Following User Says Thank You to Don_Perrignon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

magic mushroom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry thanks

Thanks guys, phone is in the shop for SIM unlock/debrand and ready for pick up.
No I didn't attempt SIM lock myself, and there was 5 attempts remaining just thought about custom roms to speed it up, etc but I guess it's quick enough stock for now.
Off.to the shop pick it up now, happy days

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Just to let u guys know I just picked up my z1 from the shop, now SIM free and just out of interest the bootloader is now allowed to be unlocked
Still gonna try it stock for a while

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 667

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic mushroom View Post
Thanks guys, phone is in the shop for SIM unlock/debrand and ready for pick up.
No I didn't attempt SIM lock myself, and there was 5 attempts remaining just thought about custom roms to speed it up, etc but I guess it's quick enough stock for now.
Off.to the shop pick it up now, happy days

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Just to let u guys know I just picked up my z1 from the shop, now SIM free and just out of interest the bootloader is now allowed to be unlocked
Still gonna try it stock for a while
Then you're golden, do as you wish
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1