[Q] Small Issues with Verizon G2 regardless of ROM

OP amsage3

26th February 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
I am a new G2 owner (and frankly a new and inexperienced Android user), and have been noticing some small, but annoying, issues with any KitKat 4.4.2 ROM that I flash to my Verizon G2. I'm wondering if anyone knows of why they exist, possible workarounds, or any general solutions/explanations. So far, I have tried a CM11 nightly from last weekend, and an AOKP nightly from yesterday.

Most of the issues exist during a phone call, and still occur even when I have full bars of LTE service.

For one, speakerphone volume is pitiful. With the volume maxed, I can still barely hear people speak. Non-speakerphone volume is fine.

Secondly, the facial sensor does not seem to function at all. When I end a call, or pull the phone away from my face mid-call, the screen stays black and I have to double-tap the screen to turn it back on.

Thirdly, I get this weird "tapping" noise through the earpiece (not the speaker) of the phone when I'm on a call. It is definitely a sound that is on the phone, although I havent been able to find the file for it...it's almost like the sound the OTA makes when you tap-on or tap-off, or like a bubble popping (anyone know the Facebook Messenger notification sound? Very similar). I havent been able to pinpoint what causes the sound to play...no combination of moving the phone around or pulling it away from/putting it back towards my face prompts it or makes it stop...it just happens. It is not constant, but over the course of a 30 minute phone call, I will hear it at least a dozen times. It usually plays two successive sounds. People I'm talking to do not hear it...only me.

Are these just issues we have to live with? At first I thought it was CM11, but after getting the same exact issues with AOKP...I'm wondering what the deal is?
26th February 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Boston, MA Area
Thanks Meter: 1,162

2,700 posts
More
All are known and being worked on. They are minor bugs that most users can deal with or find work arounds

-VZW LG G2 VS980
The Following User Says Thank You to annoyingduck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread