5,600,664 Members 35,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note3 Unable to get Three 4G OTA update even after unrooting - Advice needed pls

Tip us?

punkstoner
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical HRH View Post
Ouch. That's me told. Please accept my apologies sir.

Not sure what to suggest then.

All I know is I desperately wanted 4G and that method sorted it for me.

Hope someone can help you sort it another way,

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Sweet. Welcome to the 4G club!
At work in middleton. 22Mb down 23Mb up. 23 up. Wow.

DrHRH
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkstoner View Post
At work in middleton. 22Mb down 23Mb up. 23 up. Wow.
Nice.

I got 21 down and 21 up in Preston and 15 down/4.4 up in Swinton. It does seem to vary wildly from place to place and even in the same place at different times.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Nice.

I got 21 down and 21 up in Preston and 15 down/4.4 up in Swinton. It does seem to vary wildly from place to place and even in the same place at different times.
I hope this isn't off topic but I'm wondering if I should flash an official KK update via odin - such as the Poland one.

Can anyone comment on whether or not there's a significant improvement over 4.3?

Now I've got 4G sorted I don't want to break it if it's not fixed, as it were. Also, if I flash it via ODIN, will I lose all my current 4.3 customisations?

punkstoner
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Nice.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

I hope this isn't off topic but I'm wondering if I should flash an official KK update via odin - such as the Poland one.

Can anyone comment on whether or not there's a significant improvement over 4.3?

Now I've got 4G sorted I don't want to break it if it's not fixed, as it were. Also, if I flash it via ODIN, will I lose all my current 4.3 customisations?
Im planning on staying on 4.3mj6 for a while. Kitkat as call recording issues and you cant roll back. 4g is 10 times the speed of 3g, and on mj6 battery life is awesome. My humble opinion? 4.4 is not worth it yet.

DrHRH
Old
Thanks Meter 2
After all that drama getting 4G functionality, I'm now wondering if it's been worth the hassle. The Note 3 itself isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. I only "upgraded" from the Note 2 for 2 reasons: 1) To get 4G - but it's not available everywhere so I'm mostly using 3G and 3's HSDPA speeds are excellent anyway. 2) To get a better camera. Hmm. I can't honestly say that the Note 3's camera is noticeably better or worse than the Note 2's.

So does anyone else feel that it's a pointless change and that it's better just to stick with the Note 2?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to DrHRH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
After all that drama getting 4G functionality, I'm now wondering if it's been worth the hassle. The Note 3 itself isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. I only "upgraded" from the Note 2 for 2 reasons: 1) To get 4G - but it's not available everywhere so I'm mostly using 3G and 3's HSDPA speeds are excellent anyway. 2) To get a better camera. Hmm. I can't honestly say that the Note 3's camera is noticeably better or worse than the Note 2's.

So does anyone else feel that it's a pointless change and that it's better just to stick with the Note 2?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

LOL Oh dear, camera is OK tbh 13MP is good enough, I rarely use mine. I came from a HTC One which was very nice... I only went to the note for screen size, nothing else.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

SimonGoldberger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I might be posting a bit early as Im not near a three 4g mast so cant guarantee the network is going to log me in (problem for another day).. But I've been suffering with the same problem and been trying to be patient

Today my patience ran out.. Three told me as the phone is off contract I'll have to get the update from Samsung..

To prove a point I stuck a friends sim that has had the update in my phone.. Lo and behold i had the 4g option in network settings....

Now what surprised me is... The setting appears to be a once time toggle... Having stuck my sim back in and rebooted.. Still have the 4g setting.. And I'm connected to H+ using the 4g/3g/2g setting..

Phone is stock unrooted and unmodded.

Hope this helps someone

akashi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the Note 3 on 4.3 bought from France. When I inserted my Three SIM, it showed up as 4G and no text message was received.

The network is very congested in the London area and speed fluctuates throughout the entire day. I get very good speeds of over 25Mbit download after 2am whilst at work.

SimonGoldberger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonGoldberger View Post
I might be posting a bit early as Im not near a three 4g mast so cant guarantee the network is going to log me in (problem for another day).. But I've been suffering with the same problem and been trying to be patient

Today my patience ran out.. Three told me as the phone is off contract I'll have to get the update from Samsung..

To prove a point I stuck a friends sim that has had the update in my phone.. Lo and behold i had the 4g option in network settings....

Now what surprised me is... The setting appears to be a once time toggle... Having stuck my sim back in and rebooted.. Still have the 4g setting.. And I'm connected to H+ using the 4g/3g/2g setting..

Phone is stock unrooted and unmodded.

Hope this helps someone

So this did work got 4g connection while out and about today

Tags
lte, note 3, ota, sm-n9005, update